Snow!!!

I’m so sick of people using this excuse. Christ people try to use it in the middle of summer whith 90 degree weather.

Make sure your tires are good, and learn how to actually drive your vehicle. Being able to step on the gas and break doesn;t mean you know how to drive.

Its really not that hard to learn how your vehicle reacts under certian conditions. Shit you should see when you have an engine going down the road and hit ice. Now that is fucking fun.

i agree with fshowcars good driver> snow on the road

people think that FWD is invicible. Studded Snow tires > FWD.

it was snowing so bad this morning, i couldn’t even see your building sonny!!!

i’ve gotten around for the past 2 winters in my Z28… got around fine except for going up hills when it got really bad out. i got stuck a few times too though. but after today, i’m not worried about gettin stuck anymore 4wd baby!

i thought you quit! i was off last week…

lets do lunch!

cutty, FWD suxors… i’d take RWD anyday… just point and blow it sideways… fwd = turn the wheel and go straight

i agree with shelby or whoever said donuts today!!! i’m going to hit up the top level of my parking garage!!! :naughty:

yes i perfer RWD in the snow, its sooooo much easier to steer, hell in FWD i just use the ebrake and countersteer to straighten myself out if i see myself slideing sideways

i dont know if im going to use snow tires, hell i drove the shelby with potenza’s and did fine, i just might stick with the all season kumho’s that are on the neon now

I don’t care how good your tires are, fwd, rwd, 4wd… all of it doesn’t matter if you hit a good piece of ice. The only thing you can do is try to ride it out and hope that you were not in the base of a corner when you hit it.

Sliding into another lane just out of the blue sucks period, the best case is to hope someone isn’t there and not to panic.

if you have metal studs in your tires it does matter.

studs dont garrenty anything either

x2 - we get calls at AAA where people are stuck and wonder why their brand new studded snow tires can’t get them out of a snow pile 4 feet deep.

You can drive around with studded tires on a hummer and some stupid fuck will find a way to get it stuck on a curb somewhere, if people even knew a little about driving in the snow it would make all of our lives easier.

actually it does matter. People’s first reaction is to slam on the breaks. Wrong, you need to have the steering tires moving to continue to steer and if they have dedcent tred that will deffinatly help. If you are going around a bend and hit ice and slide out you were driving to fast for conditions period.

Sorry but ice poping out of no where is a cop out for bad judgment calls on the operators part.

x2

well nothing can be said for stupid people but if you use good judgement, studded tires is hard to stop.

I don’t believe true metal studded tires are street legal last I checked?

if you find yourself on ice then just pray, what i do is slowly softly pulse the brakes and steer in the direction i want to go, and if that doesnt help then hey what can you do?

Dude…

Tread on ICE = DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER…

well u are worng i’m happy to say. from nov 1 till april ??? they are legal.

i think 15th

i got the quad for the snow!!! lots don’t know how to drive in it …