Snowblower carb

Anyone know where I can find a carburetor for an Arien Snowblower?

briggs or tecumsa engine?

what year?

don’t know exactly, its over 20yo. It runs fine its just that the carb started leaking.

How can I find out what type of motor it has?

get the serial number off of it and take that to a dealer, they should be able to look up what engine it has and go from there. I have an older Ariens snowblower, and it (as well as most older ones I’ve seen) have Tecumseh engines.

Looking at a picture of one it looks like I have is a Tecumseh motor. Where can I find carbs for this type of motor?

theres a place on southpark in blasdell called southpark equipment repair or something similar bring him the number off the side of the engine, is the carb leaking from the float bowl? if its just leaking but running good the bowl seal is prob dry rotted which i like a 50 cent part and easy to fix

there is a place RIGHT off the 400 in west seneca on seneca street. when you get off the exit and make a right onto seneca, make a right IMEDIATELY INTO theyre parking lot. theyre building sits right next to the exit, great prices.

if it is a tecumpsa, the true value stores can get you the part (maybe in stock) usually.

my wife works @ the one on main st in williamsville. 632-3150

you need engine #, model & serial number.

It is doing that. Its leaking from the bowl but runs. When I took it to a small shop at a sonoco they basically told me it was too old to bother.

float bowl seal 50 cent part

Is this somthing I could find at True Value?

idk, i know the place on southpark does

Anyone know a place in the Amherst area?

go to Hector’s Hardware on Niagara Falls Blvd just south of Eggert. I am pretty sure they should have it. they probably actually have a whole carb rebuild kit. go in the back and talk to Mike the small engine mechanic. prob want to take the model # and serial # with you as he will prob ask you for it