snowboard/headphone people

i want my mom to get me a good set of headphones for xmas. they are going to be use only for snowboarding so they have to be good for that. i don’t want a 20’ long chord or something uber pricey, over the ear only, my ears are sensitive and i hate ear buds for long periods of time.

Ever thought of a helmet with built in headphones? I have a Giro G10 MX helmet with some skull candy ear flap headphones and I love it. It comes with a volume/mute control that can hook right on to your jacket or the headphone itself so you can have some control as well.

I ski with my skullcandies in, but you said you don’t want earbuds so those aren’t going to work. :lol

look into skullcandies
they make some nice over the ear headphones, i cant remember which ones mine are but they are comfy and have good sound quality

edit: i have the icon2’s

http://www.boardco.com/images/headphones/skullcandy/skullcandy_lowrider_headphones.jpg
ive got this exact set and these sound great, but you’d prolly want to go with Ti line, they have a larger cup and will most likely hold on better because of the larger arm, plus that line sounds wicked nice :slight_smile:

http://deejaydoubleyou.com/page18/files/listeningtolotofmusic_1.jpg

i have a skullcandy back pack that i ride with…thing is absolutely sick, tons of room and a camel bak in one compartment. the shoulder straps have two speakers in them and a set of buttons that are rubber coated (waterproof) that has bluetooth, ipod controls, volume, and a plug in for headphones to bypass the speakers in the straps. all you do is leave ur cell phone or ipod or w,e ur using in the compartment on the inside plug it in and let it play. its tan (almost looks like a military back pack but with skull designs lol) coolest back pack ever…buy it and annoy ppl on the chairlifts with some pantera

my brother has those theyre sick

Yeah kid… I throw down uber sick tricks in the park soooo much better with tunes in my ears. LOL I sound like Tanner Hall.

I rock out with some cheap ass ones, that the band goes behind your head not on top. I just wear it under my beanie. Plus they dont cut off all the outside sounds totally like big honken VOT VOT gangsta speakers… so it is a bit safer for you and everyone else around u. At least for normal trails. If your a park rat, and dont have to worry about cutting people off and what not, and want great sounds, DEF pic up some nice ones like VOT has, they do sounds sooo good, but seal your ears off from the rest of the Mt.

I’m planning to pick up two more sets. the Ti line and the GI line as well

the reviews i’ve read for the ti line say they aren’t good for movement, fall off your head too easy. although the plaid ones look awesome. i’m thinking of going with the icon/icon2 as they seem to be good and they are cheap.

icon’s are a good choice. thats what i have and they are really comfortable, esp over a hat and then dont fall off my head ever

that last part is the biggest deal for me. and i want something that doesn’t sound like hot garbage. i am tempted to get their subwoofer ones but i read there is a huge gap in frequencies.

try those lowriders sometime, theyre quite nice