Snowboard Helmet

been thinking about one, I have knocked myself out 4 times and almost did it again 2 days ago…

who out there rocks them, everyone I talked to like says there nice and toast’ie…

http://images.the-house.com/red-hifi-plk-pnk-06-l-prod.jpg

its def a good idea

nah go Smith. we carry them. also have the skullcandy earphones that go in the flaps

i have a protec one you can buy off me…urban camo…hmmm

I have a Gyro Nine.9 with the Skullcandy headphone-flaps and I love it; saved my head a bunch of times. Got it after I knocked myself out cold on Marti-gras.

lol or just learn how to ride. I’m just kidding

how much does that setup go for, helmet and earphones.

how warm is it with helmets compared to just wearing a snow hat. Or are you suppose to wear your snow hat under the helmet?

2 concussions in less than 2 weeks. I’ve been debating to get one for 2 years now since then. lol

helmets are ridiculously warm. Also, they keep your goggles nice and steady.

ya dre I saw the smith the look nice… ill stop in

Go see Schaefer at Ski Rack

Yea, my head’s never been cold in the helmet; with no hat; so it’s gotta be the same or similar to a hat.

Only issue I have with my setup is with the headphone setup; my MP3 player and cable are on the Left side of my jacket, and the headphone hookup for the helmet is on the right ear… so the cable has to go across my neck/chest; which can be annoying at times.

Otherwise, I’ve probably saved myself 1/2 dozen or so concussions since I’ve gotten it.

Is their any difference between a skateboarding helmet and a snowboarding helmet. Is one warmer than the other?

edit: only reason I really am looking into one is for rails, i never hit rails because of going down to holiday most the time by myself because everyone is to poor or lazy to go. lol So now, if i have a helmet, im not getting knocked out to the point where i cant drive myself home. lol

I just started wearing a helmet this year, and i have to say i love it. They are warm as hell and they also give you a nice sense of false security. I really dont think i would feel safe going without it now. My helmet is a R.E.D tantrum which is made by burton and i am very satisfied with it.

I believe there is a bit more padding in the ear and neck area, depending on what brand/type/quality. As with most things, you get what you pay for.

I’ve never worn a helmet once and I always felt perfectly safe without it??? What are you doing that you managed to knock yourself out 4 tiimes

^I never wore a helmet for years until we ended up in the emergency room one night after my brother hit hard on some backyard snowmobile tow jumps gone wrong. He had quite the bad concussion. SHit can go wrong quick no matter how good you are.

After that my mother bought us both helmets.:mamoru: I’m wearing the all black Hi-Fi from RED(burton) and it’s a pretty nice fit.

Same, I’ve never used one, maybe he’s spending most of his time in the parks, not on the hills, idk

Well that’s a different story lol. Towing yourself behind a snowmobile to go off jumps is asking for trouble. I just go down slopes & boston mills or brandywine. Pretty safe there. With average skill you go go tons of times a year w/o ever really getting hurt.

honestly i feel like i dont need one as well, but just the smallest fall can give you a concussion if you hit wrong. i got one straight lining cindys at holiday when a kid cut me off right before a lip, well i caught the board on a chunk missing from the snow which spun me looking up the hill hitting the heel side of my board and throwing me to the ground. boy did that feel fucking fantastic!

lol. It’s really not any more dangerous than a park jump.

I used to not think I needed one… then had something similar to Yeam happen on Martigras… got cutoff; made a hard cut, hit an ice-patch, and caught my heel edge causing me to bounce the back of my head on the ice and knock myself out cold.

That was enough for me to get one…