Snowboarders: I need your assistance...

Short boards rule, easier to turn and with a good wax job they go fast enough. Get a good boot with zero heel lift and is plenty warm.

Can you elaborate (about zero heel lift) ?

While this makes sense to me… the largest hate I have for base bindings is the fact the torque created is centralized to the middle of the binding right where they are fasened. My base bindings would always turn on me… usually at the most inconvenient times… I haven’t shopped for equipment in awhile, didn’t relize they didn’t exist anymore. >< …

That reason alone was the major one for my want for baseless… the fact the tie down points were not centralized… and they would probably stay in place better.

get a helmet

i went there last year… i have no skills for the park yet… but the hills are always packed!

You will find when you put on some snowboard boots your heel can move up and down inside the boots, bend your ankle and if you heel doesn’t move inside the boot you’ll be good. The boot should bend with your ankle with no movement of your ankle without movement of the boot. If you do get heel lift then you will end up with blisters on your heels after only a few hours and it will make it much more difficult to turn.

EDIT: I’ve got an old R.E.D. helmet(made by burton) that I’ve only wore once, I couldn’t get used to it, if you want I’ll sell it real cheap.

If you want to get a hook up on a new setup at a local shop. PM me.

sry for the jack, but my board is in lancaster and it needs to be tuned up for this season… anyone work at a local shop and give me the hookup lemme know… im going to go down the street tomorrow and check out jersey prices :tdown:

I found out that my buddy’s brother is selling his stuff - Palmer Honey Circle, Drake F60 bindings and Burton boots. He wants $350-400 for everything. Opinions on the setup/price?

i know that palmer boards are :tup:

but you need to make sure the board is not damaged… have someone who knows what they are doing check it out.

My gf who instructed for 5+ years will be coming with me to check out the board. In case she misses something, what besides the obvious scratches/nicks should I be looking for?

Damn good bindings and damn good board, very light. Just make sure the boots fit well, I can’t stress that enough, even if you have to go buy new ones, thats the most important part.

Hey , Ive got a GNU kass 158, technine ali goule bindings, and boots for sale. Ill hook you up right. PM me if you still need anything. I worked at a camp in Mt hood Oregon, and still have some good hookups even if you dont want to buy my stuff. Let me know, Id be glad to help you out.

the board is too big for him

what size boots do you wear? the f60s dont fit larger boots like dc, forum, etc.

coldaccord what shop do you work for?

as far as buying equipment i cant stress enough on making sure the boots fit snug. usually 1/2 size smaller than your shoe size to avoid heel lift. ive been insructing for 5 yrs now and coaching a freestyle team for 3 yrs and the biggest problem ive seen holding back a persons riding improvment is improper boot fit. i would agree with a few others to either find a cheap used setup or rent a few times to make sure its for you and you really wanna do it before dropping big money. also just spend alot of time on the hill. practice does make perfect. i ride over 100 days a season even in wny and im always improving right up till the last day of the season. and have your girl take you out the first time since she knows what shes doing. good luck man

thx man.

Dre - 11 size shoe, but I have to try these boots on just to make sure. They sound maybe a half size too big for me. If i can work out a deal with out boots I’ll pick the board up. Supry expressed his opinion of the board/bindings, what do you think?

hey man i have some boots that would be perfect for you kevin jones signature northwave boots…used half of last season very warm excellent fit and very supportive…size 10 1/2 black leather pm me if your interested

i bought a used burton board from play it again sports
i never snowboarded before that… i beat it up pretty badly starting off… but it doesnt really matter because it was my first board and it was cheap
i bought ride boots… they are awsome, they keep my feet nice and warm and i have burton cfx bindings…

I’m the guy he is talking about^^^^^^^

I will be back in the shop on Wednesday so feel free to give me a ring.

Jagermeister, Audi Sniper - I appreciate the help from both of you. Erik, I’m going to check out that setup this weekend that I was talking about, but I’ll probably be calling you about boots. I might even need a size 10 boot to be snug, I’ll have to try different sizes on.

What should I be looking to spend for some decent boots?