Snowboarders: I need your assistance...

I did not bother reading this whole post. But I would suggest going with a women’s set up, and that goes for the binding as well. It’s going to be a little bit narrower then a mens binding to fit a women’s boot better…

As for the boots go I would suggest going with the Vans Encore http://www.vanssnow.com/ which has the Boa system… Much more convenient for women. My GF rides them and loves them. As for price I would rather discuss over the phone. I’m not allowed to post prices that are under MAP.

Edit: If it’s that Palmer honeycomb your talking about? I would say it’s going to be to stiff for you. Seeing that you are starting out… Do you know what model it is?

Hold the phone…you want me to ride a women’s board? I don’t think i’d feel right :lol:

The board is a palmer honey circle, first edition, 152 length.

Wait I’m confused…
:gotme:

haha I can see where the confusion comes from. The girl in the avatar is most definately not me.

So wait your not a girl… jxaxexgxexr told me that you where a girl…
:smash2: :roll:
He called me today to tell me about this. Thats why I posted up on here… Now I feel like a complete tard…:meh:

:lol: x 1390875138

its alright dude

want to recommend me another boot?

i currently run on switch bindings with the vans boa boots… is that a good setup? i always have iced feet after about 5 runs… no mattter what i do, i think its me not the boot thogh :frowning:

This is getting me really pumped up to go boarding this year!!!

Yeah I got some good options for you… Give me a call tomorrow and I’ll see what I have left from last years high end boots. Like a Danny Kass or something.

sure, throw me under the bus…:shoot:

my bad, thats what i get for trying to help.:shrug:

FIRST OF ALL: Thanks to everyone who has helped me thus far, including the 2 that thought I was some skinny brunette… :wink:

Alright chums…here’s what is at my house right now…

http://www.boardshop.ru/2003/grafika/palmer/honeycircle.jpg
Palmer Honeycircle (black base)

http://akamai.backcountrystore.com.edgesuite.net/images/items/medium/NTH0015/F60BLK.jpg

Drake F60 Bindings
http://image.findandcompare.com/us/productimages/221/432861/burton-moto-si-snowboard-boot.jpg
Burton Moto Boots

Besides some very small chips on the nose of the board, it’s in good condition.
I haven’t paid the guy yet, I’m going to give him a check very soon.

He wants $275, what would you pay?

metal adheres ice. switch bindings typically have a full metal baseplate
-btw- we dont sell switch bindings thank god, but I mounted a new set for some woman last week. most pain in the ass bindings to mount!

anyway, iw ould recommend upgrading one of these days. a full binding (baseplate heelcup highback) will feel a lot better for you, and you’ll get better response out of the board.

in the meantime, you can just cover up the metal with duct tape, just make sure not to get the tape on the engagements.

zong- that sounds like a pretty good deal. for one though, the boots you pictured were moto si’s. for the burton step in. thats just a pic you got off the internet, right? lol just making sure, as you’d want the regular motos if you have strap bindings

if the board isn’t delaming, doesnt have any bad impact damage, and the base isn’t too scraped up, it should be a good deal. depending on how old the board is it may not have as much pop, but at this point you probably don’t need to worry about it that much anyway

edit: audi sniper, where u work at?

lol yes I ganked it from google image without realizing. They are regular Moto’s, however Moto’s got very bad reviews on a few places I looked. I’ll end up getting new boots next season if these don’t work out, no big deal.

The moto is a fairly inexpensive boot, but ok.

As mentioned before boots are the most important part of the setup. When trying them on use the socks you will ultimately ride with. NO COTTON TUBE SOCKS. Cotton will sweat and the moisture will cool, thus making your feet cold.

Wear a merino wool medium to heavy thickness sock. You may go thinner if the boots are tight. Strap up the boots and tighten them fully. IF the bindings are mounted on the board strap in and try to lift up your heel. You should have minimal to no heel lift. As you ride, your boots will lossen up a bit, and you may have to tighten them back up after a couple runs.

Boots need to be right, or you will have cold feet, they move around, and no one wants to ride like that.

i actually recommend the burton socks. the thicker ones, they change the names of them. probably called the AK this year

they are thicker, but thinner in the toes (wiggling your toes is how you will retain warmth in your feet) so they work out perfect. Also, they are made with forward lean (boots and bindings are made with forward lean, meaning they are at an angle rather than straight up, to promote you bending your knees) so they won’t bunch up at the top of the foot where it meets the ankle

The moto’s aren’t that bad, but they will break down quickly. they do have inner lacing system on the bladder which helps for fitment. but the higher end boots have injection molded polyurethane bladders for more resiliancy and are consequently longer lasting

motos will do you fine for a year I guess, but I agree that you’d be best in replacing them after that