snowboarding

ive always wanted to try it out… i skateboard in the summer and me n a few of my buddys wanna get into snow boarding this winter… how hard is it?.. need some insight on it thanks

its not really hard, i think skiing is harder. just go to kb or hv and take some lessons.

its not hard at all. takes some getting used to

Do it I hope you fucking die

You seriously think skiing is harder than snowboarding? Are you kidding?

Just go with very patient friends, and be prepared to be sore the next day. Don’t expect to be amazing at it your first time out, and be persistent.

it depends on what type of hills you are on, yes. there is a lot of different factors that come into play when talking about skiing/snowboarding. i think skiing would be a little more easier and less annoying for a first timer. i find both to be equally fun tho

Talk to Gus

generally if you skateboard you pick up snowboarding pretty decent, at least from all the people i know, they have picked it up in no time.

if you ice skate, skiing is a lot easier to pick up

i learned how to ski the first run i went do and didnt fall. never did it in my life but the inside outside edge of hockey got me use to the concept of skiing

dont get me wrong, its also the person learning. some pick things up faster than others. some just dont have the will power to learn or dont care to listen to what they are told

Find someone to learn from; preferably someone who teaches and is willing to do it off-the-books…

I learned by doing and it was a bitch; but then again I don’t skateboard or skate… so I was learning from scratch.

I do suggest a lesson or 2, I wish I did them.

plow down the hill and learn how to keep your balance on both your toe side and heel side before you try going down the hill straight.

once you get the plowing down, learn how to turn in and out of the plow

I think skiing is way harder. snowboarding is easy as fuck.

i’ll go with you this year, diddy. i’ve taught lessons before when Tamarack was still open

if you can skateboard you can snowboard
its the same principles basically
it doesn’t go the other way around
i can snowboard pretty good, but took me a while to get skating down
it just takes some time to get used to it

heal - toe , heal -toe

cool let me kno when your back in town

skiing is simple as hell. but so is snowboarding

I’ve done both, I picked up snowboarding faster, and I think it’s a lot more fun. I’ve never skateboarded and only ice skating a few times (although I play a lot of roller hockey). Boarding isn’t hard once you get your heel and toe turns.

Honestly just put on the board, fall a few times and the more it hurts the more you will learn to stay on your feet.

Also unless you have incredible leg(every muscle in your leg)muscles, plan on not doing much the next day as they will definitely be sore.

just like everything else, overtime u learn it, and its fuckin FUN as fuck to be up in the mountains in the nice cold winter fresh air…drinkin a few in the huts, etc…!!!awesome time!

I could probably help out, i’ve been snowboarding for almost 10 years now. I’ve taught a lot of people. I usually goto HV every Sunday. PM me if you want to meet up.