So how can ~I~ buy a house? interesting situation

So, I’m paying over 1000$ a month for shop space and my apartment, I’ve been doing so for a few years now.

I’d like to put that towards owning a house with a garage in Buffalo, but the problem is I don’t technically have a “job”… I’ve been selling stuff on eBay, and doing other things to make a living, so, I don’t really have a provable income.

the other thing is my credit… I don’t really have any. I have a couple negative things on there (past utilities) but other than that, have never had a credit card or any kind of loans. my score is quite low.

where do I start?

A secured credit card, and a declared income mortgage? I was thinking in the 50-60k range for houses… I can come up with about 10,000 as a down payment.

Oof. Gonna be a long shot. Do you declare your income on all that stuff on your 1040? Prob not. If so, you just look like the average unemployed person. Your best shot is a huge down payment, from the bank’s perspective, because even if you can’t afford the house and they foreclose, they still keep it.

Yeah, like 20/80 instead of 80/20. lol

On a good note, you can buy a house in Buffalo for a few grand. lol

www.monster.com

mortgage payments keep coming… so it might be smart to put the horse before the cart here

Not anything that a respectable person would want to live in though lol.

I believe the $10,000 gorilla cage is still FS.

I wish they would post pics. I always lol at people thinking they found some secret magical way to get a sweet house for like 30k. Then they find out they have to pay 15k in owed taxes and it needs about 30k in repairs…and it will still be in a garbage neighborhood when all is said and done.

Oh, I make good money, I never have a problem paying my bills.

no job + no credit = no house. simple.

to even qualify for a mortgage, u need a credit score of 550 MIN. which shocked me when i found out…i didnt know it was that low. When it comes to mortgages, banks will want reasons and proof of where your $$ comes from. especially the $$ you use down and closing costs etc. “I worked odd jobs and saved it in my mattress” is not acceptable to banks.

I think your SOL.

When i bought mine this year the back made me give them so many frigging account records and employment records it is redic. Also the verify employment once when the process starts and again the week of closing.

Bad credit and no declared steady income… The short answer is you won’t be getting a mortgage. It would have been difficult pre-bubble pop but now there is no way.

What is that?

+1

And I KNOW they called to check the employment(even though I had pay stubs)

We handed in a 6" stack of bank account statements

My brother sells insurance, and they would not give him a loan based on commission based sales unless he had 5 years of tax returns showing that as income.

You need a real on the books job, or it is not going to happen.

I’m sure there was more to it. I am 100% commision based sales, and I have never had a problem with being approved for loans.

X…

get someone (parents/uncle/whatever) to get a mortgage and put you on the deed (or even as a co-borrower). you make payments, all is good…

Just curious but have you bought a home recently?

You should start paying taxes and declaring an income.I know crazy talk… If you make good money just pay cash

Not in the last 6 months.

X…

Only reason I asked is because in the last few months they changed a ton of stuff pertaining to pay and bonuses and such. A bunch of stuff changed right in the middle of my closing and it delayed me for about a month. Man I was so pissed! For example they gave me such a hard time about my annual bonus even though it is not variable and in a contract. :picard: