So how do I drive the CLK back home?

If the seller doesn’t want to be cool and let me drive it home on his plates does anyone know how to get temp plates in michigan…they apparently don’t have a state DMV website and dmv.org has been pretty useless.

ask the seller for the DMV phone # and call them and find out the states procedure for temp tags.

I believe all you will need is the signed title and proof of insurance as well as the nominal fee.

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:2,topic:29661"”]

ask the seller for the DMV phone # and call them and find out the states procedure for temp tags.

I believe all you will need is the signed title and proof of insurance as well as the nominal fee.

[/quote]

Word.

I did this once with a car from new hampshire. It was very simple, and you get to drive around with a cardboard lp.

^ sounds about right.

or just take the plates off the your car and pray you don’t get pulled over.

yeah I was really hoping to avoid the DMV phone number…i mean they don’t even have a website…I can only imagine how shitty that phone system must be

[quote=“93z24,post:4,topic:29661"”]

^ sounds about right.

or just take the plates off the your car and pray you don’t get pulled over.

[/quote]

I would do that but it’s in Michigan, so I’m going into canada to come home, so it has to be legit

Maybe he can point you to a DMV office where all they do is temp tags. I know some states have places like that to make it quick and easy. Like OH

They do have a DMV website. In Michigan its called the Department of State

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1585---,00.html

Their offices are excellent where you can get a title on the spot… not wait for weeks like in stupid fucking NY

call them and they will tell you

pwned

violator to the rescue :tup:

I know for a fact MI has a temp tag system, and you can get them quickly, because I bought my Expedition just outside of Detroit and drove it home through Canada on an MI temp tag. The girl at canadian customs was a complete bitch about my paper license plate but after she pulled me over the guys that came out to search the truck were real cool about it and said they see it all the time. The fat black lady at US customs just asked where I was from and waved me through, even though she could barely read the plate that the dealer had taped inside the rear window. :slight_smile: