So how much do car dealers.....

usually come down on the price they set on a car? I found a nice red 99 TA M6 with about 70K. They are asking 10,995. Right now I have around 7K I want to put toward the car and whatever I get from the GTP so I plan to pay for it on the spot, soo since I’m not going to be making payments on it do I have a better chance of gettting them down more? Do you guys think they would take like 10,000 or even less if I had the money in front of them? and is that a good price?

Talk to Grey or Jeff95ta or Pewterss.

They all know the workings of the dealers :boink

shoot me a pm, or an im… ill help ya

what dealership???

tell them 9500 out the door w/ 6k down.

From what I’ve come to understand…bigger dealerships like a Baierl or something don’t really care if you have the money on the spot or not. But if it’s a smaller used lot that really depends on each individual sale, money in their face makes a huge difference. I got my car down $2,000 b/c I was paying upfront. Then again, they had it overpriced to begin with, but they still lowered it and didn’t tell me to leave.

just pay cash upfront. you usually get a very good deal. that and it takes out the middle man and less hassle.

it would be nice to pay upfront however i dont have 26k laying around

bigger dealerships do not like cash… they prefer financing, so they can make a little extra kick back on the “padded” interest rates

offer them $9,500, theyll more than likely reject that offer. and come back with like $10,500

$10995 - $9500 = $1495 difference

Meet them in the middle, and offer $10,200 to $10,000

knocking off $2000 on a used car like that is prob not going to happen.

Not sure I’d have to look it up again, all the ones that I’m finding are about 200-500 miles away so I guess I would just have to take a trip out there and hope for it too be a smaller dealership.

Another thing, if I don’t get the GTP sold soon I might just trade it in but they’ll probally only give me like 3K for it soo I would rather get it sold first.

That’s what I figured since these cars hold their value pretty good, I would just like to get them down to like 9,800-10,000 range.

I know alot of people on here have TA’s, how much did you guys pay for yours? can you list the year, miles, and auto or M6 if you would soo I can see what these are selling for?

pittsburghsvt is a car dealer im sure he knows the tricks…

$20,000 I paid the sticker was 24k for a car 2 years ago w/ 29k miles auto MINT Condition 2000 ws6 @ c harper I feel i gota good deal maybee not the best but a good deal non the less… I might be going back to them to return the ta for a gtp more than likely

when i bought the eclipse it was stickered at 10,500. but i got them down to 8000. so you MIGHT be able to come close to your number. just be firm when dealing, make stuff up like “help me out cause insurance will be high too” and stuff like that.

If they know I’m from say 200-500 miles away or wherever do you think they may be less likely to drop the price cause they’ll think I want it real bad since I traveled that far to look at it. Do you think that will have any affect on them lowering the price at all? It would be kinda hard to act like I’m from the area when if they look at the car I’m in will have a PA plate. I guess the best thing to do would be make a deal before they know where I’m from.