So i think my next portion of the bmw project will be...

I don’t disagree at all. Curious how much time you will have to spend under there though.

well if its not safe there will be one less newman… :shrug:

obviously it will never go as high as a true lift. But i’m hoping that i can lift the car high enough to load the motor from the bottom…

What about 4 chain hoists from the ceiling?
I know someone that has done this.
He lifted a 951, leaving the drivetrain on the floor/stands.
He welded up a simple cradle/crossmember that hit the rear jack points.
The front was lifted at the shock towers.
It was probably less than 500lbs per corner.(?)

I wasn’t suggesting a lift, but a version of the rotisserie already marketed? Was the original rotisserie purchased or fab’d?

So… by now you have it drawn up right :smiley:

I would suggest designing it to go as high as you can.

Its one of those situations that could turn into a “DAMN i wish I had just one more inch” type of thing.

suzukiriderman’s was purchased. but it’s simple design and construction. I can just copy it while making the changes i need.

no sense in buying a 1000 dollar item just to cut it apart.

sure, that would work if i lived in a barn or something with exposed trusses and whatnot… the garage is fully insulated and drywalled.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH OHHHHH YOU

Yeah this was in a barn.
Do you have a sawsall?:mamoru:
J/k

Just find the joists and screw a few lags in.
Patch drywall later.
Done.

That looks pretty handy. Looks like a good compromise between a permanent lift and running jacks around the car. How does it lock, pin inserts?

the rotisserie locks with friction, which is scary. (bolt presses into the tube)

I may or may not have a lock. It depends on the valving

simply use cylinders with a PO check in them. If the valving is at the cylinder, as long as the cylinder is not going to be removed while the car is raised, there is no REAL need for a positive lock.

however, if the valving is at the pump, you need a positive lock for safety in the event of line failure.

I would probably put one in just because it was easy. but with PO checks in the cylinder it would be pointless.

Fuck safety systems. Just toss something under the car that taller than the diameter of your head and you’ll be fine. :slight_smile:

well, you’ll live.

“Fine” here is a very relative term… lol

What ever you do, be sure to get it on film because this is going to be good.

why does MTECH come to mind?