So I was fixing a Grand Am......

So I went to go fix a Grand Am Thursday. It was a 03 with the ecotec with 65k. The next day the owner came out, it just wouldn’t start. So I came to check things out. First thing I figured was possible fuel pump, nope checked pressure and it was good. So then I checked plugs, well they were pretty nasty so I swapped those out anyway even though that wasn’t the problem, then I figured it might be Ignition Module. So I went the next day Friday to get one, earliest they could get one was tuesday. So I’m like dang! I go back and check a few more things, fuses, spark, and injector pulse. It had all those. So then I give a friend of mine a call and he looks up some info for me and calls me back 5minutes later. Well this stupid problem was from the pass key system, security light was blinking and sure enough reset the system and it fired right up… ARRRGH I hate new GM cars!

scan tools pick up the codes for that usually pretty quick

thats one of the major tools I don’t have, because I’m so used to working on carbed cars, but I am gonna invest in some I think.

on todays cars you almost need to know computer repair and car repair :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeap, thats why I do it as a hobby and to help people out…

ANY GM product with the key in the dash ALL have this problem … it affects both the PK2 setup and ignition 2 … i used to fix this shit all the time

this shit happens to my buddy’s blazer at the worst times imaginable

wats the proper procedure to reset it??

blazer is a different story … he needs an ingnition harness …

but to reset the passlock … you leave the key in the on poss. for 15 min … turn key off ,then back on to try and start

yea thats wat we do but its a pain to wait

wat if u disconnect the battery and plug it back in?

nope… but for $40 … ill fix his problem

exactly what I did, it worked for me for 10minutes

I’ll do it for $39.99!