So I'm gonna start collecting some stuff

But the fiances says I will be labeled as a skinhead. Do you think that collecting German WWII military items labels me as a skinhead? I find the stuff interesting to say the least but I do not beleive in all the ideals linked to it. Your thoughts?

Fuck it, I’m assuming your german. I would not bid on any nazi bumper stickers though.

I too considered collecting some WWII memorabilia, but figured everyone would think I was a neo-nazi.

nazi>*

american history X awesome movie.

but na i think that you should collect what you like. there are ton of people out there doing the same thing. just dont go out and start curb stomping black people.

:rofl:

Collect what you want who cares what anyone else thinks :dunno: Unless you are going to shave your head and go around wearing t shirts like http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/jinxxycat/funny/nazitshirt.jpg and a swastica tatoo’d on your forehead, you’ll be fine…

Like it or not, it is part of history.

There’s a great documentary on Discovery about German scientists from WW2, it’s amazing how many became key people at NASA!

I have a good friend that is German…he’s goes back every other year…let me know if need any info

:dunno: why just german? US, English, Italian, Japanese, f the french, cana… haha no seriously, why just german?

born there, so ive always been intrigued by it. i am however looking to buy some ww1 helmets. the camo paint on those are soo cool.

I remember when you had Hitler as your avatar.

There is a store in bva that sales ww2 knives and other stuff maybe that might help you out.

this is true…i know a kid that has some of the tatoos that derek has …

how did this go from collecting to white power shit. fuck all that white power shit. not me and not who i am. im more of a mob idea guy. see a guy on my street that shouldnt be on my street beat him with a bat type deal.

anyways i want this to be my first purchase.

these are repros … i dont have the 15k - 40k for a real one… shit i doubt i ever will

Tough call. What do you think people are going to think when they walk into your house and see that? Collecting knives and guns, ect is one thing. But i’m sure you understand the statement that something like that would put out there.

if you really want to collect WWII stuff, Buy a VW bug.

I have a bunch of nazi/WWII stuff my pap brought back. I have a belgian bayonette, German sniper insignia, SS badge, etc.

I also have pics of my paps travels though Europe including some of a concentration camp his group came into help the injured in. He collected anything usable for the army off the battle fields to save money in the war effort and his commander told him what he could keep that the army didn’t need. I know he had stamps gallore if you want a few get me some pics of the ones you want and I will see if he had any which I am sure he did

yes i completely understand. but you also have to understand that when you walk into a museum you are looking at historical objects. this is my way of starting my own little museum.

i dont see a problem…

Post pics of your collection I’d love to see it. Pictures are always a great thing. And as far as taking from your collection I can’t do that. It is something that was passed down to you so you should hold onto it.

another bad ass flag…

Extremely Rare Podium Banner, Single-Sided; Taken from the Town Hall in Berchtesgaden; Approximately 41” by 34”
An incredible piece, the banner itself is a very thin, but tightly woven cotton fabric. The bottom is edged with a 2” gold bullion twisted fringe, which has toned a bit. The bottom is made with a fabric sleeve, so that a bar could be inserted to weight the banner down and keep it taught. The top also has a sleeve for the staff on which the banner was suspended. The banner itself has a 1.5” wide border of gold bullion tress tape that forms a square around the banner. Inside this square is a circular wreath of oak leaves in textured cloth gold bullion tape – each leaf measuring approximately 5" long! The wreath surrounds a separately applied swastika in the same cloth gold bullion tape, with the arms a full 2.5” wide. The condition of this scarce piece – my picker reported it was liberated from the Berchtesgaden town hall but we have no documentation to support this. It was purchased at a “hotel buy” from the family of the United States Army Veteran.

340 down 67 a month for 5 months… not to bad.