so i'm home from hawaii....... can i go back now?

i just got in earlier today around 10:00am. I already want to go back.

on the way here, United tagged my luggage wrong and I still don’t have it, nor do they know where it is, which fucking sucks since there about $5000 worth of shit in there and I have no clothes with me now. oh well.

I have to say how amazing my time in Hawaii was tho. If any of you have the opportunity to get out there, you really need to take it and just go exploring. Don’t just fly into Honolulu and stay in waikiki. get around the island your on and get to other islands if you can too. Inter-island flights are usually only $30 each way so it’s affordable.

I haven’t even been back a full day and I already miss it so much. There was just sooooooo much to do on a daily basis. At anytime I felt like it, I could just get up and go surfing, snorkeling, hiking, swimming or just chill at the beach and get some sun. It’s truley an amazing place to be, and live.

And now I have to go work in Canada again this summer which is going to suck after this past semester, ugh.

well that’s it, just kinda ranting. Good to be back for the most part, Can’t wait to see all my friends thats for sure.

Welcome back. I just got back from California, so I have an idea of what you mean…

^^did you enjoy cali?? where did you go, should have gave me a ring…anyway, i think i may be goin to oahu later in the year with a friend who used to live there so he knows all the good spots. would love to hit up north shore too and do some cliff diving.

that’s a really good opportunity for you, to go with someone that’s lived there. there are sooo many things that you just can’t find if your on your own for a vacation.

ask him about Maunawili Falls for cliff jumping, it’s a decent spot.

here’s a pic of me jumping it actually,

here’s a cliff in Maui, around Ka’anapali, about a 45 footer, feels higher when your up there tho. I’m the one in the middle.

and heres a couple of my favorite beach in waimanalo bay. this was the last day I was there as well…

looking to the right

looking to the left

amazing. awesome pics too :tup: i can’t wait to go, it’s going to be awesome. he’s got me speaking some pidgeon too haha

haha, like what? “how’s it bra”

how long did he live there for?

howzit brah? its mo betta, where you stay cuz? howz da break brah, diz beach is choke. dat car is da kine, eh! itz time to grind brah, fo real. lol random ass crap like that. makes my job even more interesting, i hear english, spanish, pidgeon, caldean and other random languages everyday. very diverse

edit - about 8 years, still has family there too so i won’t have to worry about a place to stay.

I love this thread. :tup:

I spent time growing up in San Diego, which is awesome. I want to move back there some day ( no i don’t hate buffalo. )

And I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii… i’m thinking about taking a vacation there this year- I want to go to Hilo though. I love how the beaches are just soooo clean… I probably won’t mind if they call me howley, or however you pronounce it… haha. :tup: I just want to go chill.

How much was your flight duder, like 1000?

I had a 19 hour layover in Honolulu on my way back from the Marshall Islands last year so I slept on a bench till car rentals opened up, grabbed a Jeep and a Map and just started driving. What an awesome place. It’s one of the very few places I’ve been where I thought I would realistically like to live there.

pics look great paulo.

sucks to be back though lol.

Oh My…I have always wanted to go. I think I just may…what’s the best time of the year to go out there?

sureshot - my tickets were 700 for the roundtrip, but they get in the sub 500 range every so often. you just have to wait for them.
Hilo is ok, but not somewhere to spend alot of time really, it rains ALL the time there haha. If you do get to the big island tho, go to volcano national park and do the 8 mile hike to the lava flow, it’s a long ass hike, but if you stay there until its dark, it’s really amazing. and walking back in the dark with a flashlight isn’t that bad at all.

Marcus - depends on what you want to do there. if you surf or want to see huge waves, winter time dec-feb is crazy, but more prone to rain. this year got little rain anyway, but even still, it usually only rains for a couple minutes when it does rain. plus it’s a little more bearable of temperatures. highs are about 80 during the winter but in the summer they hit 90.

BikerFry - thats the way to do it man, just explore. where did you end up with that jeep?

Nothing offroad, unfortunately. I just drove aimlessly. Went up and over, stopped at some park thing to snap some pics, then back down to the side opposite honolulu. I remember something about kuala state park or something like that. Pulled a u-turn at pearl harbor. Then back to the airport.

i’m pretty sure i know where you were. sure it wasn’t Kualoa Beach Park?

that place is really neat. it’s in Kaneohe bay where theres a sandbar out in the bay that boats take people out to go snorkeling and actually play v-ball in the middle of the bay. The east side of that island is by far the most beatiful part of it.

sweet…I need to go to hawaii :frowning:

That’s it? Fuck I’m going whenever I take my next vacation. There are a couple specific places on Hilo that I want to check out. Other than that I’m more interested in chilling on the beach.

Where’d you stay, how long were you gone for? I’d prefer not to pay out the ass for lodging, but w/e really

I was living there for almost 5 months and stayed on campus since I was going to school there.

you do know Hilo is a city on the big island right? the big island has alot of cool stuff, but it’s veeeery spread out. you can fit all of the other islands in that one. If you go there, like i said, get to volanoe national park, and try getting to the top of either Mauna Loa or Mauna Kea. Mauna Kea is actually the largest mountain on the planet, but not the highest peak since most of it is under water. GREAT place to see stars and such.

I’ve been there 4 times in the past year… ANY TIME is a great time to go, but… if you go in the winter you’ll appreciate the warmth so much more. Its the perfect temp

:tup: :tup:

wtf? that’s awesome. i need a place to stay while there… do they allow beach bums?