So long, farewell....

So I finished the transaction today and the FRC is gone for good. It def sucks because I loved that car.

Now it’s savings mode. I will be purchasing a C5 Z06 in May of next year unless I can find a very good deal on a LS3 C6. Think i’m hooked onto Corvette’s for life :thumbup

I just keep telling myself I put it in winter mode early, and it will come out in the spring with more HP, possibly a diff color and def nicer : )

I thought base C5’s were so much better than C5Z’s for the money??

?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

My argument was that for the price difference between a C5 Coupe/FRC and Z06 that you could have a faster car for less money. I still stand behind that argument but I never said it was “so much better”.

Buy my Vette, end thread, nothing else comes close for the money, plus it’s a local sale.

Trav stop being a cunt and trade for my cobra.

Your Cobra plus a grip of moniez, sure, lolz. Honestly I’d just immediately put it up for sale.

I KNOW THIS. DO IT ANYWAY.

Trav…lets line em up for pinks! i lose, u get my car… i win, wayne buys my car… :slight_smile:

I like!

So why the decision on a c5z?

corvettes suck

Any smart man would decline that offer.

How about Wayne buys both cars?!

Mostly it comes down to miles for me. The FRC was hitting just over 70K, and that meant eventually I was going to have to look at an engine rebuild and other maintenance issues as well as the 90K tune-up. And it becomes next to impossible to sell them for any amount of money once they hit 100K or more.

And right now prices on low mileage (>20K) C5 Z’s are in the low 20’s. Stock or slightly modded.

But if I can find a LS3 C6 in the mid to high 20’s, I will also consider that.

You’re not serious, are you? The LS1 in your old FRC would go for AT LEAST 200K with no major issues, and that’s modded and driven hard.

:+1

112k here, only part replaced for failure is the PS pump that I broke doing multiple donuts. Driven REAL hard.

Yeah that LS1 sure aint no B18

:rofl