So my CEL came on this morning .....

After 375 miles and 800+ $$ .It just came on .It was at the dealer for about 2 weeks getting a new ignition harness and in the process they forgot to hook up the knock sensor . Some how they unplugged it .So i am planning on getting the CEL scanned today just thought id bitch about it … PISSED!!! :headbang :angry2 :idiots

I’d be very scared if it was my car.

I am … :deadhorse… horse = car …

This is exactly why I got rid of my 2001 Jetta. IMO it was the biggest piece of shit, It constantly gave me problems. Every single month I was dumping money into it (non-mods) to keep it on it’s feet.

Yea im pretty much done modding at least for a while i gotta pay for insurance soon as well as gas and w.e happens like the CEL…

You should probably start trying to get a little more handy working on your car if you want to continue owning a Volkswagen, otherwise your going to get absolutely killed by the dealers.

Yea im getting there some shit i just cant fix … with school and working two jobs.

ill keep you guys posted after the scan…

I hate CEL’s. Get it scanned and let us know what it is this time.

Mk2 FTW, no CEL, No emissions, NO egr, carbon cansiter, NOTHIN :banana

just you dont have a cluster with a CEL to come on, nor do you have a reason to care

800 for ignition harness?? yikes. coil pack, or switch?

the jetta was named one of the worst buys for a used car… not the mk4 chassis, just the jetta… odd. 50k and still CEL free.

800 for the coilpack harness.

typical VW, since i switched form VW to Toyota I have gone about 5 years and 160k with out 1 repair, not 1, It really is amazing. As a matter in fact in that time I have only put 1 set of brake pads on my car and 2 air filters.

my Ceil has been on for 2.5 years Lil well only 1 BC it was blown up

my cel has been going on and off in my Dakota since I bought it, haha

my toyota has 184k, its on its 2nd clutch, and i just replaced 1 front wheel bearing, and both axles since… 120$ for the parts… just picked up a 1994 celica GT, 188k and it runs like a top.

Yea …becoming a money pit of oem repairs…Mk still buying those rims just gotta come up with some more money after the possible cel repair…

word.

#1 why I got my Suzuki. Warranty. But, not a problem after 2.5 years. I expected worse.

its a suzuki, not a mitsubishi

Mitsubishi’s are reliable. :ohnoes