So, my dad just bought a pool hall...

Mods, if this is considered advertising please LMK!

He bought Bogie’s Billiards in Clarence, which he renamed Bison’s Billiards. He has been in negotiations for over a month and finally made the deal yesterday afternoon, and I couldn’t be happier for him.

Located at 8216 Main Street in Clarence, about a quarter mile east of transit. Next door to Bill Gray’s.

Anyways, I’ve always played pool growing up and still do, and just figured others do as well and would like to spread the word and hopefully start generating more traffic in there for him. We have a ton of ideas to work over, vendors to deal with, and a push on a liquor license etc etc, but we are now open and doing business. I was there for a few hours tonight getting to know the place.

Ill be there all weekend, and I have already rounded up a bunch of friends and family to head over there as well to help celebrate his first week in business, so I hope everyone can stop by.

BTW, I will post info about tournaments, poker games, specials, and other events we plan on conducting after I get the go ahead from mods on here.

Thanks for the support!!

:tup:

NYSpeed pool tournament. I’d be there for sure.

Awesome news dude! Sounds like fun!

That’s exactly what I’m thinking Paulo, already started working something out with my dad about this actually… I want to bring tons of people in here because we won’t have a liquor license for roughly a year to really generate revenue. So I am open to ideas that people would go for!

Nice i like to get out and shoot some pool now and then. He got a good place with decent traffic

I used to play pool like 5 nights a week at slick willys in college.

i played there a bunch of times

Used to play at Bogie’s all the time back in the day…congrats to your pops. NYSpeed discount?

:tup: I know of a few sharks that would be down as well.

Not having a liquor license for a year is going to suck. Is that how long it always takes to get one?

I would be in for a poker tournament. I play pool, but not really good enough for a tourney.

I would def make the trip for a poker game or friendly pool or dart league.

I love to play pool. Don’t worry about the liquor license I will make sure to drink in the parking lot instead. :snky: But for real count on seeing me there especially for tournaments and such. I am not that great but it would be a fun time.

Another idea actually. I am working on a logo/banner/flyer layout at the moment and would like to have it done by next weekend. Once that is done, I was thinking of hosting it and you guys could print it out and get a percentage off etc etc. I’m going to do that with the local colleges as well…

Estimated 6 months to 1 year. That’s why I’m going to be doing as many events/tourneys as possible right now. It’s just how things go, the previous owner got pinched and lost it a few years back so we have to start from scratch right now

Poker tournaments are deff going to be happening, dates TBA.
I was thinking a specific pool tourney for NYSpeed and DITB people only if I can get enough people to enter. Plus there are other tourneys already going on…

Great man, like I said I really think a NYSpeed/DITB only tourney every once in a while would make it more relaxed for the moderate/amateur shooters and all around more enjoyable.

I love the responses/support so far!!

shrives, you know how i feel about this

i will wipe the floor with you!

Bring it on Jam, I have a bunch of people coming up friday night.

Until then, I will call you a chicken. Remember, I schooled you last.

KTHXBYE

:tup:

If you show up friday, this is what I will be doing to your face…

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4935/scanxxz.jpg

Now all you need is to attach a bowling alley and I would move in!!! Ugggh a pool hall/bowling alley/bar/strip club???/guns and ammo store??? droollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. I would have to grow a beard though.