So the plan is

Both groups are good. not GREAT, but good. I wouldnt fly to hawaii to see them, but if I was in hawaii that weekend I would check them out…maybe

You should def stay more then one day

i might be heading there around this time to inspect a job we recently did for the jet hangar in pearl harbor…so i am in for this too, and not on my dime either, so you cant make any cheap jokes joe

i’d fly to see OLP in hawaii :stuck_out_tongue:

but i bet i’d spend about $300 less since U2 and PJ charge rediculous ticket prices…

but then again if i was you, i’d stay an extra day or two and actually ENJOY hawaii…

go visit Dog while you’re there lol

Jam?

http://smiliesftw.com/huge/greddyhueg.gif

I think it is an amazing opportunity. U2 is better than you can imagine in concert. I have never seen pearl Jam but i’m sure they will be great, plus it’s hawaii. have fun guys :slight_smile:

why wouldnt you stay for a few more days though and chill on teh beach, etc?

i would want to be stabbing myself in the eyes with scissors when i was getting back on a plane for that long of a flight right after just getting there…

how much are the tickets?

I don’t think there is one band I’d fly 10 hours to see.

except sublime.

cuz they’re just too good. and that would mean bringing mr. bradley nowell back to life.

Floors are going for $150-200 ea

How about not getting wasted every night and then you could go too…

I hate the beach

I was with you till this

No one would know about this band if he didn’t die.

I disagree, I think it would only have taken longer.

But even so, it doesnt change the fact that no matter how many times I’ve listened to 40 oz to freedom, I can always pop it back in and enjoy it again.

I don’t think it would have taken much longer…that band was fantastic lyrically

Pffffffttt…

Sublime as a whole group was just purely amazing. They had appeal to nearly all musical genres. Grunge, punk, hip-hop, reggae. There is no other group, in the history of music to produce such a product, still to this day.

And who the hell gives a shit about mass appeal. Mass appeal doesn’t mean you are good. I mean shit, look at Nickelback, those talentless hacks have major mass-appeal but they still can’t produce good music.

This is incorrect.

The release of the last album was a few days away from his death. They would have blown up just like they did, cept he would have been alive. The record deal was made, the radio play was there, everything was in place. Him passing had no bearing on his success at the moment.

meh they still suck as bad as jear jam IMO. U2 i dig but the latest stuff is lacking though.

:bloated:

Waste of a trip. You will be so jet lagged :3 Hawaii is like a 12 hour flight (layover,etc). . . Plus you will arrive when you will probably want to sleep. Seriously, change that to stay for at least 4 days.

On a side note, I like Pearl Jam’s new songs on the radio. . U2, has always had good reviews in concert. Probably be a great concert. . . but 1 day >.>;; One hitch in your travel plans and you could miss the entire concert XD All you need is a paranoid schitzo freak out on the plane and you could be out of $1200+