So we're now Time Warner Cable

I knew the switch was at midnight but didn’t get a chance to check out the digital cable this morning. On lunch I brought up the guide and sure enough it had to reload it first.

Pretty sad attempt at removing the “Adelphia” branding. Now it’s just a blank space at the top of my guide, and as you browse each channel it still says “Adelphia” in the channel window.

So long NFL network, which I never watched anyway. It will probably be back as part of a sports pack so the diehards can pay for it. Can’t really blame Time Warner when the NFL wanted a 350% price increase because now the NFL network was going to carry a whole 8 out of market games.

Nah its different. go to cinemax on demand and go a few chanels up. Comedy centralOD, TBSOD, TNTOD etc etc

FTW!

Any new HD stuff? That was the one thing I forgot to check.

nfl network was retarded anyway.

well, i have basic cable cuz i suck like that, and i was kidna hoping we would get the Speed Channel as part of basic. i think a lot of other TW basic cable subscribers in other parts of the country get it? i could be wrong? i havent even watched TV yet today anyway to find out.

HBO on demand is not working :frowning:

nfl network pissed me off anyway. i like my football, but not 24/7. the roomates would have the living room tv LOCKED on nfl network, for all of the season and some of the off season. why? go buy a friggin fantasy football book and learn how to read. i dont want to see 4th tier commentators discussing the top 50 RB’s in the league at 2 am, nor do i want to see the dolphins play the jets from the playoffs 10 years ago. / end rant.

hopefully they get the on demands working, and maybe those new ondemand channels will be sweet too…

werd… same here. Nothing seems different though

is/did anything supposed to change?

Edit…
HD stuff is still the same as Adelphia… poor.

Ive had Time Warner digital cable over a year and still dont know which channels I actually get. The only channel I ever watch that we didnt get with regular cable is GAC. Most of the rest are doubles of regular cable channels or just worthless.

Just checked, nada new for HD, just a hole where NFL Network used to be.

they said today on shred and regan there will be no new changes…

that had the GM or something on for this area

Keep waiting.

They better put NFL Network back on before I roll down there and stab somebody. :mad:

you can guarantee a price increas for everyone then. The same shit happened with the ys network. about 5000 angry new yorkers in west palm beach bitched and moaned till adelphia carried it. It cost so much to bring it to adelphia that rates went up .50 for every customer. Thats a shit load of money.

Another reason to leave Buffalo! Bad cable services

Is it just me… or has ‘powerlink’ bandwidth hit a new low?

I mean christ… I could be browsing on advanced dial up here, icons & images are even hit or miss.

Digital cable has been fine so far, but Im not big on TV :gotme:

:tdwn: insofar, tho, it’s early yet.

i didnt notice anything with my internet, although my computer completely sucks ass to begin with, so everything is slow lol

Sunday afternoon I was pulling down a consistent 550-600 kb/s (about usual) for nearly two hours - from diff sources.

Today, I wait 10 seconds for nyspeed.com/forums to load.

My mother has had Time Warner up here for a couple years and the shit blows.

For some stupid reason they added a thousands column to the digital cable. So if you want to go to something imediately you have to enter in 0-2-0-1.

The quality is shit, like antena quality.

And menu surfing is slow.

The RoadRunner is fast here, but there is nothing on the computer.