So what's a good FM transmitter?

:lol: You have no idea…

Anyhow, my MP3 players are either a Creative Zen or my phone. Either way I’d just make use of an Aux input. Sure it’s an analog signal, but it’ll sound fine.

I picked up an FM transmitter for $50 from Best Buy yesterday. 30 day return policy so I figured I’d try it out. So far so so. Country sounds OK, but I’ll toss some rap on my MP3 player and go out on my lunch break and see how things with more bass sound.

As for the aftermarket head unit, I’m still kind of leaning towards one with an aux input since I could get one that’d work fine off of crotchfield with a dd-sd kit that’d add a storage cubby for like $80, but we’ll see. It’s a lot easier to just plug in the transmitter. :lol: And I won’t get in trouble with the wifey for hacking up our brand new truck. :whip:

The link I posted is for a hardwire FM converter, so there is no signal loss to the radio. Best Buy probably has something similar. These are 100x better than any transmitter, and can of course be used with any radio. GL

Hmm. It just goes in series with the antenna wire on the back of the HU?

Damn. Cheaper and better. I think I know where I’m going on my lunch break.

Wow i totally forgot about those hardwired ones and i used to install them. Im still against it but thats probably your best solution.

Yeah, still not as good as a digital input but way better than an FM transmitter. That would probably be fine for my ears.

Yuppers.

I THINK YOU NEED SOME ANTENNA ADAPTERS FOR THAT VECHILE DAWG! Just a heads up if you didnt already know.

Yeah, possibly. If I can’t find a hammer…

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll look into it.

I havent installed radios in some time but way back when(like 3 years ago) Nissan used a smaller antenna plug so you needed the adapter on both sides so they would plug into eachother. Just call Best Buy and one of those fagmos should know. Or someone on here this is a car forum i think.

Crutchfield claimed that I don’t need anything. But it only takes 5 screws to get at the back of my radio and find out.

Crutchfield told me you were a big giant vagina. Just sayin
Dont taze me bro.

:lol: :rofl: :biglol:

Jebus. :lol:

Ive got too much energy today i just couldnt help it.

:rofl: One of the funnier things I’ve read on here in a while…

eesti have you ever actually used one of these with an MP3 player?

OK, the antenna wires all looked roughly the same size, so I plugged the car antenna into the Sirius box and the sirius box into the truck stereo. FM reception is great. If I unplug either side of the Sirius box the signal’s gone, so it seems like I don’t need any adapters there.

But, the Sirius radio connector is a 2.5mm mini-jack. So I stopped at radio shack and got a 3/32" to 1/8" adapter. But I plug in the MP3 player and I get nothing. The fm radio keeps playing like I never plugged it in.

:ham:

Aw for fuck’s sake. All that thing is is a switch.
http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93056&page=2

You can’t send an analog audio signal to an FM antenna. Meaning it won’t work for MP3 players.

I’ll rip it out and return it to Best Buy tonight.

HAHAHAH YOU SUCK!!!
im sorry

:lol: How many more stupid things do you think I’ll try before I admit that it’s either going to be an FM transmitter and shitty sound or a new head unit? :lolham:

JAGERBOMBS!!!