So where is all the CF going?

to build this thing…

and its sweet

Link: http://www.gizmag.com/go/5721/

Pic:

Article:

F-22 scores direct hit in supersonic, high-altitude JDAM drop

(link to this article)

June 13, 2006 The U.S. Air Force F-22 Combined Test Force team of Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Air Force pilots continued to successfully push the F-22 Raptor’s capability last week when it released a Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) munition at supersonic speed, high altitude and standoff range. Flying at an altitude of 50,000 feet and a speed of Mach 1.5, the F-22 released a GPS-aided, 1,000-pound JDAM from a range of 24 nautical miles, destroying a ground target in the aircraft’s fastest and highest JDAM delivery to date. The ability to release a munition at supersonic speeds and standoff ranges greatly enhances the aircrew’s survivability against heavily defended targets.

that is badass.

Damn that is scary. :tup:

f-22 is old news…but its capabilities are getting better and better…just wait till the yf-23…

someone told me it was a huge air bus that was taking all US cf

the government doesnt procure ALL the carbon fiber to help the masses :stuck_out_tongue: F22 ftw

So what? I bet superman could do that too.

I bet you he could

HUH??? WTF r u talking about?

that’s JDAM yo

I think hes just saying that the F-22 has been around for a while and that as amazing as the plane is, the technology has been getting better over the years with the f-22 model.

the yF-23 is a new prototype that will be built
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-23.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/f-23.htm

negative… the YF-23 was the competitor to the Raptor in the USAF’s advanced fighter competition. it lost and will not be built.

I’m pretty sure what he meant was this, the F-35 JSF:

greatly enhances the aircrew’s survivability against heavily defended targets.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Exactly, the 2 surviving YF-23’s are non-flying; one is at the end of the runway at Edwards, and the other I believe is at the smithsonian in DC.

The F-35 is the new fighter, but is no where’s near close to the performance of the F-22 Raptor. As of right now the only aircraft close to the F-22 in performance is the Russian Su-37 I believe (The only other twin engine aircraft in production with thrust vectoring I believe).

ahh very cool

damn you Justin :lol:

on point. you’ve got it right, good sir :tup:

the F-35 will replace the F-16, (if you were among the eight people that saw Iron Eagle you know what this is) F/A-18, and AV-8B Harrier “jumpjet”

the F/A-22 replaces the F-15 and is balls-out.

:edit: bah, someone with the username of “STEALTTH” should know this shit :smiley:

it doesn’t say anything about it being made of cf though.

Most of the skin, as well as the engine ducting and some structural members are most defenetly CF.

Infact I was at the F-22 Center-fuselage; F-16, and new F-35 final production assembly line last week; down in Ft. Worth Texas at the LM Aero Plant. I actually got up-close and got to touch and look at my parts on the first SDD F-35 aircraft which is in the final stages of preperation for first flight later this year.

The Autoclaves that they use to build the CF panels for the F-22 and F-35 are ENORMOUS; like the size of my 2-story, 4-bedroom house. It’s a pretty unbelieveable sight to see full size vehicles pulling in and out of an autoclave.