So who thinks the placement of this intercooler....

Is retarded?

I pointed out that I have Had many things hit my truck in the exact area where he mounted his intercooler.The only thing stopping them from taking out the AC condenser was the grill itself. He says its fine and plans on continuing to run it like that. :bloated:

BTW, its a Mid mount turbo kit (custom made) mounted after the y-pipe.

Something else i also thought of. Having the turbo THAT CLOSE to the transmission (y pipe is mere inches away from it) wouldnt a large turbo end up causing heat issues with the tranny?

OH and :tdown: to rice killer, why do people like this have to give truck people a bad name?

umm it looks like a good spot ot me… is there going to be a cover over the front of it at al or is that how its going to stay

it looks like a function>form type of installation

meh, placement is fine… most people run them even closer to the ground = more shit hitting it…

as for the tranny and turbo… it’s hard to tell without seeing the setup… however, is the turbo really low? does he have an auxillary oil pump for it?

The thing that concerns me the most is “rice killer”… your buddy is a douchebag

thats pretty lame… looks half assed sitting out in the open like that

the upper bumper is off… it looks like its giong back on,

if there a cover going over it with some nice tasteful mesh to help protect it its fine…and yea the Rice Killer has got to go…cause whats gonna happen when rice kick his ass…

What’s wrong with it? It looks like the grill will fit just fine, might need a bit of triming. And air will flow through it anyways to the radiator.

As for heat, you can make a double-layed heat shield if it is even an issue. That is assuming it’s an automatic, even then it probably would be a non issue. Unless it’s absurdly close.

oh ok, i’ll have to see it again after that then. i really hope he isn’t leaving it as is tho!

bah, I don’t think its a good spot, but it sort of does look cool at the same time, hang on let me get the vid of him dynoing, and yes that guy is from the tampa area, I think I have a picture of it somewhere

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/be0f848c-cc5f-48f9-a247-986200349fe7.htm

@ 4psi

mods to car

thought yall might like to see it- about 5 monthes in the making-

still gotta fab up an exhaust but that wont take but an hour- just dumping it right now- and also need 2 get a 90degree fitting for the oil drain- aint driving much @ all right now

all work and install done bye yours truley.
TO4E 60 trim turbo
Intercooled
Procharger inline fuel pump
Hellsbents10 Base tune
Cartech Adjustable FMU
Greddy Type S BOV
Evolution 38mm w.g.
Tilton Oil pump

i call it a mid mount- its right after the y-pipe- not like sts systems that are way the fuck in the back of the car.

I think the placement is fine. Even with the stock s-10 grill on there it still would be just as efficient as an intercooler that’s behind your average oem bumper.

not my buddy, some guy on s-10planet

And i wasnt clear in my first post.He is leaving it like that, as in Nothing covering it. no grill at all. I wountdt care that it looks like shit, i was more concerned about it being out in the open without ANY protection

As for placement, if you look in this pic, you can see the turbo sits quite close to the tailhousing of the tranny itself (which in my recollection, isnt that far from the gas tank also :bloated:

I unno, the whole thing seems like a shotty job, 10PSI on a stock vehicle on a .60 trim turbo, with a differential driven aux. oil pump

Functional, but looks really ghetto. I would paint it / cover it.

i saw that blazer on s10forum…personally in his video he made where its watching the guages it didnt even seem that fast. are the blazers that much heavier then the trucks cuz it seemed comparable to mine. anyways i dont like the placement of it. expecially when he had to cut into the grill and lights for it to fit. theres plenty of room for one below the bumper.

watch the video… theres a shot of it with the IC and grill back in place, looks fine in my opinion…

if you have an extended cab (which i think you do) you and him are about comparable in weight numbers

anyways

He keeps telling me and others he plans on leaving it without the grill :gotme:

meh

no extended cab for me. reg cab reg bed. and why would he leave it without the grill? he has no running lights or blinkers if its left like that.

well, it looks nice…maximum airflow.
It just needs something to fill all that empty space up.

why a blazer though?

For the :snky: factor. Why not.

damn, i didnt know that was from around here. i saw this on ls1tech.

who cares, it looks like it would be fun. its a blazer, i doubt hes trying to make it a drag car. and that IC placement looks fine to me

that turbo is going to blow oil very fast. Fittings or no fittings you need to have the oil drain oriented so that it has a clear path below the turbo and above the oil level in the pan. No more than a 30 degree clock in position as well