So you want a new GTR?

:jerkit:

pwn.

The only things that are “fail” for the GT-R is the crappy auto that they tell you is pretty much guaranteed to break, the maintenance costs, warranty void if you engage certain factory-installed components, and the fact that it’s about $80k. An $80,000 Nissan. :rolleyes:

Ok so an expensive Nissan with the maintenance of a Ferrari… Sounds like a win to me…

And it’s piss ugly.

The maintenance is no where near a Ferrari! 30g’s to change brakes / rotors on an Enzo.

I didn’t mean it in a literal sense.

I kinda figured that…

I just don’t know what to think about the new GTR… I remember reading a while ago that Nissan was doing everything in its power to make the motor unmodable. I just don’t think for the price that its worth it… id take the vette or viper any day over the GTR.

lol and it took a week for the tuners to crack the GTR’s brain. Fortunately Nissan knows how to mod them pretty well… just look at the one that they took to the nurburgring! o snap!

If anyone thinks otherwise, please watch the video of the ZR1 and the GTR synced from 0:00 on their laps. The GTR barely gave any ground to the 600+ hp 3200lb more aerodynamic car in the long straight sections when both cars were WOT. :eek:

Drag Racing > *

seen a black one on mcknight , dude was flying…sounds awsome…he got his ass handed by a srt-4 …so on that note…i wouldnt buy one…

That doesn’t mean anything… anything can hand anything its ass

Go race that colt from ohio… it will embarrass a lot of cars.

Seriously? You sure the GTR was racing? I can’t see an SRT-4 whooping on a GTR.

ZR1: 11.3 @ 131 (BusinessWeek)
GTR: 11.5 @ 124 (Car & Driver)

The extra $30k is probably worth if it you aren’t melting your tranny every few launches. :doh:

Didn’t want to waste a transmission on a SRT-4 maybe? :dunno:

And how much can you really “race” on McKnight Rd.?

That would probably be one of the last roads I’d open it up on.

That colt ended up in a median at 200mph.

x2.

Holy Fuck! :eek2:

You know that was a pre-production tune that Nissan just “happened” to give out to the media, right? Its also gone 12.8@111mph tested by the same magazine team a few weeks later. They’re realistically 11.65-11.85 @ 117-120mph cars I think… at least for 15 launches, then after that they’re fair game for the flat bed

I know that most of the performance figures for the GTR are dripping with controversy and I’ve read lots of accounts of people being unable to duplicate the numbers. That C&D number was the fastest figure I’ve seen anywhere. I have also heard that the ZR1 will be faster than 11.3 but I don’t know where the numbers are really coming from at this point…has GM even released an official 1/4 claim?