Sobo's Mitsubishi Evolution 8. Long term keeper :)

Whats wrong on the suspension?

Something minor like a tie rod end. The driver side wheel has some side to side slop.

Good you raised it. Evo’s don’t respond well to drops, especially more then an inch. You lose that great handling, though stock they look like a monster truck.

i saw this car at lancaster, u ran like a 8.2?

wrong car ^

Please un-murder that car…

Takata green wheels would look sick.

On a Honda yes, on a Evo IMO hideous…

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/lexat20/greenwheels.jpg

http://images28.fotki.com/v1032/photos/4/462446/5359608/111-vi.jpg?1190390653

no.

Meh, I think it looks fine lol.

Unless it’s a white Evo and they’re track wheels or you happen to be blind, green wheels would look absolutely horrendous. If anything get some SBC wheels of some sort or just powdercoat the stock ones to whatever color you feel like. Anyway, updates for the car? 60k maintenance done yet?

Idk, those colors work.

Anywho, how bout those mods?

Well for one, green wheels are for FGGTs.

And two, if this car EVER gets wheels, they will be polished CCW classics. I’m trying to make this car look a little less boy racerish.

So, I’ve been in contact with my :snky: tuner. I’m about to have the cars tune looked over and the ECU flashed to tephra v7. I will also have an e85 tune made for it.

I also kinda have $1000 to blow… I know I should have the front clip and rear clip fixed but I also have been spying on some go fast bits.

FUUUUUUUU I want some kelford 272’s, and my tuner is throwing so many numbers in my face it’s tempting.

400whp or bust!

Is it Tom? And I would do your 60k before you go doing much else. You can always score used cams off of evom for a good price. They could also be installed when you’re doing the 60k…just throwing that out there

Oh man I love CCW classics…

+1 on getting the 60k done first, 4g63’s don’t mix well with slipped timing. It’s usually the balance shaft belt or tensioner that take out the t-belt.

You should look into GSC s2’s, I mean Kelfords are badass but the s2’s are proven have a slightly higher lift.

I’m fine with my non agressive hks cams on a stock turbo.

He already stated that he is doing the 60k service.

K “stating” and “doing” are two different things and he hasn’t updated the thread at all. Just excited to see the car in someones possession who has the means to do all of the things to bring it back to life. If you’re doing cams that are big like that you should look into the springs/retainers/valve guides kit etc that buschur sells. Just don’t want to see that motor pop or the timing belt break and cost you a good $7k to fix everything.

Well, I’m waiting on parts currently. Also I’d like to point out I’m not an idiot. I’ve done all my research and its not like its rocket science understanding to run donkey dick cams you need an upgraded valve train. I’m no stranger to cars.

It will be 100% up to date with maintenance and in good health before I proceed with mods. That doesn’t mean I can’t start collecting parts while I have money.

Thanks for your concern though. I gotta check my blinker fluid soon so that’ll be the next update.

lol.

looking good!

:picard:

Who is your tuner? You won’t be getting 400 whp on that stock turbo, I’ll tell you that :slight_smile:

I recommend using oem fluids for the transmission too. It is all I have ever used, and I have had absolutely 0 troubles. I can get into every gear perfect, every time.

–mark