Soccer (Futbol) Guys?

So growing up I played a lot of sports. I only played soccer from the ages of 5 to 10ish (gave it up for football), but I wont lie, it was one of the most enjoyable and entertaining sports for me to play. I even ended up becoming a punter and kicker in football.

Flash forward to now, I have recently become absolutely obsessed with the sport. I try to watch that fox soccer channel (TW125) every time im in front of the screen and I catch myself patrolling the Premiere League website every day.

I played a little pickup last summer when all my friends were home from school but I just kinda want to play more.

Seeing that this is one sport I have never even seen uttered on nyspeed, I was just wondering if any guys on here play rec/follow professional and if so to what extent.

And that, just because I feel like pussy for liking soccer lol.

My entire family is Portuguese so I grew up on soccer and played throughout my childhood. I used to follow it very closely before moving to the US but have since gotten into other things. I really should start following it again and at least playing every so often.

omg that pic.

SOCCER=GAY–no amount of david beckham can even penetrate the sport into America

PICTURE=WIN

Played soccer from when I could walk til when I was 15 and I had a bad injury and had to give up running things. Just got into a league that plays on the riverside by lasalle park, absolutely love it. 21+ leagues are out there, you just have to look for them.

Im not asking it to be prevalent in the states. Not to be that guy, but I kind of like being the only person I know who follows the Premier League lol.

What do you think the skill level of these leagues are like? Im generally an athletic person but im probably not going to be as good as guys who have been playing rec for a long time yet.

ME LAST SUMMER, been playin footy since i was 4, still play to this day year round

http://www.micahweber.com/thelot/albums/Football%20(Soccer)/micahbike2.jpg

ugh soccer lol

the very word angers me.

i doubt many people can get into soccer unless they grew up playing it

its not like hockey where, if u dont play it u cant really like it… cuz i never played hockey yet i <3 it

oh moboost i play in the BDSL

BDSL.ORG

Haha, I used to be kinda with you but (and im not trying to sound like an old pro here) but it is a really beautiful and complex sport, yet at the same time is so simple making it so entertaining.

Watch a game next time the Worlds are on or anything like that. Its some srs bznz.

Or just watch a few clips of this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5358629040838888300&hl=en

Some pretty good stuff.

And Micah, im checking that out thx, siq pic too!

Im assuming all those are self formed teams correct?

I played till I blew out my knee 3 times in high school. I’ve played in a couple of rec leagues since, but not in a while.

I’d definitely be up for some pickup games or a summer beer league. :tup:

yea pretty much

ive played on countless teams in as many leagues since i was about 9. was playing for buffalo niagara (premier and elite) until they merged into buffalo united. im playing for Tony Romes team at the moment. cant get back into more competitive play till my collarbone heals up (plate, 9 screws, wire and some cement :confused: ) GOALKEEPER!!!

MOBOOST The skill level is medium, above house soccer but below travel soccer. We play Wednesday nights at 6 or 7, and we can still take on a couple more players. PM me if you’re interested in getting in on it. 25 for the season + 2 a game for the ref tip. We play at Front Park, by Lasalle Park

Hey guys im playing in Hamburg Sunday mornings, pick up. Its super laid back and all the guys that play are great. no slide tackles or fouls, just a great run and some real skilled older fellas. Its like a 21 and older co-ed league so come on out and check it out. Sundays at 9 and the Nike base on Lakeview road.

Hmmm… Im gonna need to pick up some soccer cleats asap.

i played soccer from 5 to 17… i love the sport, and am trying to find an adult league for the summer.
the only reason i stopped playing in highschool was because i started racing motocross, and that consumed me

cost anything? or just show up