SOLD: '92 Civic LX 4dr 5sp for parts or tinkerer

SOLD

ahh pmed

wheres the car located?

It’s in Buffalo, Elmwood Village. Forgive me for not responding to low-ballers right away: If I was asking $.50 would you offer $.25? Please.

very intersted in this car…
what do i need to fix/replace in order to drive it

Coolant leak is new, appears to need a radiator, but I haven’t looked closely yet. Hoses are good. Dripping from Bottom of radiator.
Try a stop-leak, skim oil from coolant regularly, or work on the head gasket; your choice.

ill give u $25 for the muffler :slight_smile:

So let’s see… I jack up the car and crawl under, wrestle the old one loose, dig out the paperwork, drive to the godforsaken 'burbs during business hours, and deliver the new $150 muffler to you for $25? OK probably you were joking.

$260 a ton for scrap at Diamond Horiwitz, $95 for Cat. could have made over $400 scrapping it.

I’ll bet the tinkerers here don’t want that to get around. How many old Civics would live on if the starting price was $500?

Is that a scrap price for a catalytic converter? Doesn’t make sense when I can buy one new for $110. The hood, one fender, and one door are nearly perfect. That could have got me something more, but then I don’t want to piece it out.

How about a different perspective: This car used to get 45 MPG reliably. Compared to the recent 30 MPG at $4/gal, that $450 saved in a 10,000 mile year makes you consider a rebuild, doesn’t it?

I enjoyed this car for almost 16 years. It actually means something to me that it might get a new lease on life.

Thats the price, just turned one in the other day. I think the new ones dont use ad much platinum as older ones.