Sold Everything, Bought A Lambo, Drove Cross-Country

Cool, sort story:

“Richard Jordan had everything he was told to want: cars, a new house, and a fiancee. Then his fiancee left him. So he sold everything, bought a Lamborghini Gallardo and set out across America. This is his amazing story.”

LINK to story.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/06/500x_lambo_top_shot_3.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/06/totalmileage.jpg

Almost 92k Miles!

NFG!

No shit! lol I am actually slightly jealous…

moral of the story.

180k worth of supercar only gets you 91,807 miles before it accidentally its engine, the whole thing.

His hair is fucked up but awesome story lol kind of… well awesome lambo anyways haha

Are you assuming he maintained it or not? The story doesn’t mention he ever did any maintenance to it which if that’s the case, 92k miles is awesome. That’s Honda style neglect / longevity :tup:

Awesome story!

A quick search concludes that he didn’t maintain the car - just drove it. That’s some awesome longevity :tup:

if he was maintaining it, he would have replaced the timing chain before 100k.

no fucks given, and now his lambo is fucked

oh the ironing

It doesn’t sound like he had the money to maintain it being that at points he was worried about just paying for the gas.

hah, yeah that’s true.

I’m not knocking him, I admire what he did. Just saying…

I’d like the story a lot more if I wasn’t pretty sure the guy was just going to end up declaring bankruptcy, meaning we basically all paid so he could cruise the country in a lambo while not working for a year.

It’s suddenly not so, “yeah, great for him” when you look at it that way.

Ya…now what? Great idea that is for sure!

If he declares bankruptcy, I thought the loan company ate that, not the taxpayers.

I though it was a cool read about a NFG dude… he’s a little crazy and I’d never do that, but good for him.

and who besides american auto did we just bailout?

You’d like the story better if you had actually read it :wink:

“I have a few hundred grand against me, I don’t like debt, but I’m used to it,” Richard says. “I’ve accumulated a lot and paid it back several times in my life.”

"… setting up a shop in Dallas where he plans to build custom motorcycles and superbikes. He has plans to repair the engine or swap in a new one once he can afford it

Sounds like he’s not trying to take the easy way out by giving the car back to the bank and saying fuck it. He actually wants to keep it. And he’s already built and sold one business so I’m sure he knows how to start over.

I’m pretty sure there are TONS of loan companies that are still deep in the black.

And you think the loan company just eats it? Nope, they pass that cost down to their customers in the form of higher interest rates, fees etc.

I did read it, but lets be honest here. How is he going to get the startup capital to start a custom bike shop when he’s sitting with 300k+ in debt with little to no income? He sold the company he had, along with pretty much everything else he had so he has no collateral and no income. Banks tightened up big time on their lending and there’s no way this guy is going to get a small business loan based on the financials he lists in the article. If you read between the lines it’s pretty clear he’s going to have to write off that debt to start anything new. Sorry to be buzzkillington, but I still don’t get a real “yeah, that’s so cool” vibe reading the story.

I truly admire the story and what he was probably able to achieve for himself by doing this. I really do. Would I have gone about it the same way? Of course not. But this doesn’t seem all too crazy to me if you could do it with better planning. Like a used lambo instead, or actually maintaining the thing.

Last Thursday I left for a road trip an hour after I decided to go on said road trip. No plan, only a couple destinations in mind but wound up in places I never would have thought to visit and had the time of my life. To be on the road and just reflect is incredibly theraputic. Even in a Jeep. I can’t imagine how awesome it would be in a Lambo.

Kudos to him. I hope he makes it through the debt and does something good for himself.