solid mounts? prothane mounts? v. 500hp 3rd gen maro

machine shop says i should be around 400 NA 500 on spray and i was wondering if i should go solid mounts or polyurethane with a dogbone. what say you?

Solid mounts will be brutal. Mainly it will feel like you are driving a pissed off lawnmower everywhere. My vote is for polyurethane.

If its a track car or you want to get every last possible ounce of power solid, otherwise drivability wins and poly.

Solid, they are cheap and reliable. Live with the vibration.

I had solid mounts in my Malibu and I couldn’t believe how smooth it was.Also made the car feel solid.:gotme:

You’ll probably have some kind of large cam that makes the whole car vibrate anyway,lol.

I got prothanes and love them. A lot of cars with more power than what you’re looking at run them.

hmmm so prothanes and a dogbone seems to be the popular vote.

I have solid mounts in my 69 and all I gotta say is I gotta make sure I don’t eat Mighty Taco when I drive the Camaro, cuz it’s going to shake the shit out of me.

Cool for the muscle feel, but I think it might get kinda annoying after a decent lenght ride. My rearview mirror and tach shake like crazy.

Use a solid mount on the drivers side of the engine and poly or stock rubber on the other side and transmission.I dont recommend all solid mounts do to somebody flex it will crack your engine block.I have a soild on my 69 coronet and it doesnt vibrate at all.It also has alot to do with engine balancing,from the factory engines arn’t balanced that well.So you could get some vibration.

i dont have solid mounts, but i have some pretty beefy poly’s and my shit vibrates all over the place

well its going to be a street car but i want a little rumble to it. the enigne is balanced correctly so that shouldnt be a problem.

the rumble comes from the duration of ur cam, I’ve got poly’s & no chain or strap, minimal amount of vibration. Next time the motor’s out, I’m put’in rubber back in & strappin it. Vibration in a street car kill’s the enjoyment factor.

I have solids in my impala and the damn thing vibrates so much on a mild cam that my damn rear view mirror never stays wear it should

polyurethane for the win or like dan said, rubber with a chain :tup:

I had poly in my s10 and I do now in the ta, very good on vibes

It boils down to your comfort. (well, and the fast that you can posibly rattle bolts loose, but thats another topic)

I have poly mounts in my GP. The cam is ~kinda~ lopy, and makes the car rattle a bit, and then when driving and hitting a certain rpm it will get a vibration till I get about 1000rpm above it.

Its kind of annoying but, I deal with it, while some of my friends think its annoying as hell.

Solid mounts have no place on a street car, IMHO. I have STOCK mounts on my 4th gen (nearly 1000hp) and never felt the need for anything else.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28448&highlight=motor+mounts

i’d go prothane on a street car. solid are annoying on cars with less aggressive cams than what you’ll be running.

Solid mounts have no place on a street car, IMHO. I have STOCK mounts on my 4th gen (nearly 1000hp) and never felt the need for anything else.

Blah…u have almost 1000hp u dont need any stiffening, or a sense of more “engine” feel. lol. Jus’ messin with ya.