Solidworks, AutoCad, etc. file sharing links.

Any good ones out there? I understand that time is money and well built parts take some serious time but I am sure some people don’t mind sharing their hard work.

I am looking for some simple generic parts already composed I can use for an assembly I am working on… my GSXR1K side by side buggy. Things like seats, wheels, tires, etc.

Adam I think mentioned some place to me a while back, ill check the last SW threads I started to see.

http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/resources/cadlibrary/

Proper and more importantly, accurate, CAD files are going to cost you. None of my stuff is free. I’ve already had a multitude of people ask me for the LS1 files I just made and want them for free. :crazy 99% of the stuff you find in online libraries is generic. Half of what you find is “designer interpreted”, meaning the builder of the files made up alot of the dimensionality to suit their needs or visual preference. The other half falls into what I call the “tried but failed” category, where people attempted to duplicate a complex part by taking dimensions but did a piss poor job of it due to improper tooling and measuring equipment, and you find yourself spending absurd amounts of time correcting the issues. Often more than if you had just made the part yourself.

If it’s a part you needs dead nuts dimensionality, you’re far better off making the part yourself. If there’s something you need designed but can’t figure it out, you know you have a SW guru at your basic disposal here right?

I’m also against using libraries because it doesn’t help you any in learning how to do stuff. Most online files are going to be polygons from programs like Rhino and the like, and even if you DL and convert them to a SW compatible file, you cannot break down the interpretations and extract the build files to see exactly what was done to make a certain step or face/plane. You’re not going to learn jack by using other peoples files.

Now see if you had bought the parts I was selling I would have included all the SW files for them because I did put them into CAD :tongue

Why are you not building this? This has numerous stupid things I could do in that like attempt to jump one of the ponds in your fields.

I AM building this, just quite a bit differently. The CAD above is just me screwing around with some shit and putting misc parts into SW for fun. The entire buggy is done and in CAD, including the Quaife gearbox for it…I just need the time to actually be able to build it now. Far too many more important things need to be built and pursued first.

You have plenty of other projects that we need to finish first anyway :tongue Lord knows you don’t need a distraction like this.

you can get cheap softwares from schools. buy a 200$ solidworks book and youll get free student software. you can pretty much do everything same but printout are marked. i used solidworks in past and i feel its easier than cad. but just my experience.