SoloIIscoob Lapping Dunnville

Kind of a weak four wheels off, even if he was all four off. its pretty border line. Not defending him but I can see where he might have gotten a little confused.

But a rule is a rule, better safe than sorry.

Indeedy, last thing that needs to happen is a having a damaged oilpan drag oil accross the track the whole way around. Or other issues that could result in an accident.

note to self, do not follow cars onto grass… haha oh trust me i wasnt looking for pointers from that clip:rofl: i just found it funny as this was a representative explanation for placing him in group B, dude youre dangerous im glad you werent in A.

:picard:

No, my car wasn’t there and unlike SOME people I don’t push cars I don’t own past about 6-7/10ths. I might be able to dig up a video from last year, MPD rigged a camera in the Z for me but I donno what we did or did not get. I never bothered capturing it but I think the tape is down in a box full of half-used brake pads and such …

Adam actually ASKED to get moved to B. He’s a lot better driver than ‘certain people’ because he REALIZES his limits - he was just more interested in giving less point-bys and concentrating on track in front than people behind. He also drove much more conservatively than most people there because he KNOWS he’s still learning the car, its limits, and HIS limits…

Some people learn by over-pushing those limits though. As an example: plenty of beginner DE folks chew up front tires. There’s a reason: They over-brake, then try and over-compensate coming out of the corner - you can’t make up speed you’ve lost, and the more you try the WORSE you do… CONTROL=SPEED. It’s that simple. The more control you have and the more you’re able to dance on the edge of control and loose, the faster you are. But if you’re so over your head you can’t feel / find / figure that out, well, the best thing is to realize you’re a :noob: and back the fuck down until you are able to handle the speeds you are driving.

I will be frank: I will be critical as hell of people who I feel deserve it. You’ve (solo2) always been nice enough to me in person so instead of taking this as antagonistic, take it with a grain of salt and and maybe learn from my criticism. What I saw in that video was someone way in over their head and not even realizing it enough nor manning up enough to back down a few notches and get the line (speed will come LATER with smoothness and finesse but that’s lost on a lot of folks). I’m NOT the best driver, nor do I claim to be - but I DO KNOW WHAT IS WRONG when I see it. It’s like music. I can’t play anything. But I sure as hell can hear when something’s out of tune…

I guess I’ll open my mouth I’m sure to get bitched out in the end. Whatever. As Chris said those were his first 3 laps road racing the Honda. Every car has its own “quirks.” Because of this fact, every car will tend to take a different line depending upon braking points, lateral grip and on throttle power. Am I saying his lines were right or perfect? No. I’m not one to criticize something I haven’t done. And I only got to ride with Chris once but I was spectating and only seen him go off course once. Some of you make it sound like you never gone of course in your life. Sometimes your foot slips off the brake or get confused on which corner you’re going into and forget the braking point. It happens. Mistakes happen. I think theres to many people here over criticizing. Post some videos of yourself driving around the track to show some of your “perfect lines.”

That’s some solid advice!! I agree, I pushed to hard and went over my head and went off the track. After that I realized I needed to slow down and learn the track and learn how to carry the car around with control… I still have allot to learn but I now know what that feeling is I’m looking for when hitting those turns…

I also agree with the majority on here about continuing to go hot after you left the track, even if it was only two wheels. I went off on the same spot. I don’t think the flagger saw it because their was no flag. I still proceeded with my hazards on at a slow pace back to the pits to check my car over…

I was irritated when I overheard SoloIIscoob getting defensive with Josh when he asked him to back off a bit from following cars (green neon) too closely,
Instead of apologizing or saying ‘I will back off’, he said ‘I am confident’… strange since this was his first time out there (mine too, and we all want to be fast)

When a number of people around you are saying the same thing, they might be right, and you should probably listen to them

As I said, ride with someone who has a similar vehicle. Your first priority in your first few laps (hell, your entire first event, really) is to BE SAFE. Going off course on your first three laps (one, two, three OR four wheels) is completely unacceptable, and I mean that in a constructive way. Knock yourself down a notch and ask for some rides… don’t make excuses for driving that is not appropriate for your skill level. I’ve already offered to take you out, since at least our cars are somewhat similar, so you can’t say no one has offered. If you can get a ride with a more experienced s2k driver, even better.

i was unaware the first 3 runs of someones day ARE ENTIRELY REPRESENTATIVE OF THEM AS A DRIVER, especially in the first 3 runs EVER IN A RWD CAR!

some of u guys are crazy and need to get the fuck down from ur high horse. yes i can definitely improve, but i think placing 3rd in a 15 driver class(one which i was THE ONLY FWD car against ALL AWD cars) in a state championship where all the best drivers in the state are there is a good indicator that i am somewhat competent behind the wheel.

mistakes happen. 2 wheels go off, mis-shifts occur and to tell me u guys have never once done anything remotely similar is ludicrous.

AND to reiterate i was learning RWD in one of the hardest RWD platforms to drive…

its funny because when you drive at auto-x, people always say that if you are no hitting cones, you are not driving hard enough. Then chris makes one or two mistakes his first time out and everyone is right there to bash the fuck out of him. pull your panties out of your asses and get back to work.

I’ve really been trying to give you a chance in this thread… I felt bad for you in re: to the car, and I remember what it was like my first time out at Dunnville, so I wanted to see where you are coming from.

But unfortunately, every response you give is just filled with ego. If you can’t understand how important your first few laps are in a new type of vehicle, and how going off in those first few laps is absolutely indicative of your driving style, then I seriously question the safety of letting you back out there again.

No one cares that you went off. People care that you A) did not pull back in as per the drivers meeting (it was your responsibility to find out what you missed since you decided another errand was more important) and B) that you were driving beyond your capabilities, in a new type of vehicle, within your first few minutes out there.

Mistakes absolutely happen, the point is you should be driving at 5-7/10ths your first session out so that you can recover from those stupid mistakes that you will make in a new car while on a new track.

You can’t find the exact limits of a car with over exceeding those limits. I know when I first auto-x my car I pushed it as hard as I could so I could find the limits and tone it back from there.

Aautocross and track are different beasts. On a track, you do not push your limits on your first three laps, on a track you’ve never driven, with a new type of car.

And you don’t have to OVER exceed a limit to find it. The goal is to creep up on it, pushing a little harder and a little harder until you find where you can’t push anymore.

Truth! This woman is RIGHT! :tup: lol

QTF.
This is what concerns me about this group.
When I read that people are pushing themselves to the limit on the first few laps of a new car or track I get concerned.
Oh, and for the record you are not pushing to your car’s limits you are pushing your own skill limits.:wink:

i didnt know 95% of nyspeed were paid professional drivers who know nothing BUT the intricacies of track-life.

i suck at driving and know nothing about limitations and staying within them. thats why i blew my motor and thats why i was being passed all day and on my 2nd lap i 2 wheel offed at <10mph.

you people are hilarious. see you on the track:wiggle:

who was that white 240 running with the windows up and not giving point bys? that was the only person I really had a problem with.

No, no you won’t.

Someone from SON, but Bing didn’t even know him. John and I had a talk with him after he came in once because we noticed he wasn’t following the rules.

:rant:

hah! what does this mean josh?

wow i didnt know there were this many pro drivers on this site…