SoloIIscoob Lapping Dunnville

Most of you guys don’t know all the details, so don’t waist time speculating.

SoloIIscoob, you have a PM.

wow.

it was my first time on the track.

then my car smoked.

and mike wouldn’t let me shift out of 3rd gear.

then it broke more.

i had fun.

Nice thread title. I lol’ed.

Meh.

All great points. My worries (and I don’t think I’m alone) is that we don’t want people not showing up because they are concerned someone will be ass-hatting or driving irresponsibly. NOW I WILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY that Solo’s driving wasn’t the worst I’ve seen - does anyone remember the Sunbird from last year? Jim was up all night which was stupid, and his car wasn’t really an ideal road-course car, and it got to the point that nobody would even RIDE with him (I got “tricked” into it by Aaron who was like “Dave, Jim needs some help” - I’d been busy preping my car w/ my dad and Cassie and hadn’t seen the disaster that was his driving or I’d NEVER have gone out). We ended up asking him to call it a day… that’s what happens.

I realize Josh-et-all want to keep this casual vs anal but there IS a minimal level of safety and comfort-level that’s necessary. When you break the trust of people around you, rather than being cocky and saying “I know what I’m doing” how about just taking things down a notch - don’t take this TOO personally, but you dug your own hole here, a simple “yeah, I fucked up, sorry” was all that was needed to diffuse this situation, both at the track and online afterwords. Clearly that’s not on your agenda though :ham:

My offer still stands to buy your days (I’ll even make it simple and buy them all and then let whoever wanted some contact me - no, I won’t mark them up or profit, just trying to keep the PayPal rape to a minimum).

I completely agree.

This was not a race, nor was it a competitive event day. Wether you’re a pro driver, or it was your first time behind a wheel, you need to realize that not everyone is on the same pace as you, and it’s not a competition.

I don’t even think that much was necessary. “I’ll kick it down a notch” would have sufficed.

This is the part that I think SoloIIScoob seems to be hung up. :deadhorse:

Ugh, I don’t know the details of this event or what he did or didn’t do… if he’s not following the rules then he should get dickslapped and learn to follow the rules. If someone pushes their car too hard and breaks it and/or goes off the road then so what, plenty of you “experienced drivers” have left the track.

This reminds me of 5 or 6 years ago on ubrf when all of the autocross people where stuck up assholes to the point that new people wouldn’t even want to try it for fear of something like this thread happening.

FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH, if I were you Josh/Bing/whoever is running these I would encourage people to get rid of this crap - talk to the people not following the rules by PM or whatever, because this is going to hurt attendance. If you’re not having attendance issues and don’t care, then whatever, I enjoy conflict so I’ll keep reading it. Just saying. :slight_smile:

This reminds me of 5 or 6 years ago on ubrf when all of the autocross people where stuck up assholes to the point that new people wouldn’t even want to try it for fear of something like this thread happening.

And you wonder why i dont like people Jim, fuck what everyone thinks. lol stuck up??? for what? its not like autocross is something only a select few can do, please…id laugh right at those asswipes

Jim, See my last post 9 spots up.

The thing that makes these track days great is how casual it is. No competition, no extensive rules, no vehicle classing to figure out, etc. Just show up, drive your car, get shit-tons of track time for low cost, and have fun. Mostly everyone who has been to any of our track days understands this, so I’m not worried.

i dont understand why a novice would get tortured anyways, if someone is new and makes mistakes why get on him?

Id feel timid about coming too, well actually i wouldent give a fuck if i got harassed, cause id suck balls at autox anyways.

Again;

waste

Let me be perfectly frank here. He isnt being tortured because he is a novice. He is being talked down to because he was asked to tone it down at the track, he was black flagged, etc, etc. He ignored rules and regulations both in the handbook which he signed and those which were gone over during the driver’s meeting at the track. He has come off with nothing but a “I’m the best driver who showed up, I’m better than everyone, I’m faster than everyone, I know what I’m doing and dont have to listen to anyone” attitude which is exactly the type of attitude we do NOT want at our events. He is more than welcome to go run with PCA/BMWCCA/SCCA/NASA with that attitude, he’ll be pulled in during the first session, go back out for his second, and be asked not to come back at the end of the day. If you go into any event with that attitude you’ll get the same result. We do our very best to keep these events fun and relaxing. We treat every time out as an opportunity to learn to push your car further in a controlled and safe enviournment. If you continue to be a hazard to others, you will be asked not to come back, plain and simple. Many people can attest even the most unapproachable people are happy to show you the line, give you help/suggestions and take you for ride alongs. Hell there is a long list of those who have been out with me or gotten suggestions which I’d like to think helped them. Pushing your car to your personal limits and approaching them slowly and learning is one thing. Driving like a reckless asshole is entirely another. All day long all we heard from SoloII was why he wasnt in the advanced group, and why he couldnt go out with them, yada yada yada . Yet the reality was, even if his skill level was as good as some in that group his maturity level and ego certainly would not. Exact same reason why we black flagged the silver boxster last year who wouldnt let people pass and was going off track and made him take a break. If we can’t maintain a safe, fun place because of one bad apple should we cancel all our events or just ask one person not to return? I think all of those who have come to our events will agree.

i apologize then, i didnt realize that.

This quote sheds some light on it. No need to get more in depth.

Either way, it’s over and done with.

We encourage anyone and everyone to come out and check out the track when we’re there, even if just to watch. If you’re new and want to try it out, but you’re worried about people criticizing your driving, don’t be; none of us are pros. Just follow the rules and take the constructive advice of others. And when in doubt, ask someone to ride along with you :tup:

It’s not torture. He didn’t listen after an even keel request. You guys weren’t there, you don’t know both sides of the story.

:word: It was a great event, people that have never driven an open track seemed to enjoy the hell out of it, and aren’t bitching.

. QFT.

:lockd: