Some House Mods v. Kitchen and Staircase

Figured I would share some work with you guys that I have been doing at the house I bought recently. Ieatpaint helped with the magic in the staircase trasformation…this man knows his stuff! Sobo as always was involved and did the trim.

Disclaimer I am aware that we all have different taste and I am happy with the results so keep that in mind. Also the pics are terrible. :frowning:

I ended up getting new counters through Buffalo Granite. I did not entirely have the best experience but the owner was a real nice guy. I would probably not do business with them again though. I made the tin backsplash using real tin I ordered online.

Before
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/ablake211/51%20tillinghast/B393517_801_18.jpg

After!

Also I wanted a counter depth fridge in this space to not protrude so I took the brand new stainless whirlpool to the garage as a beer fridge and grabbed this subzero and built custom matching tin side panels

Next big project was the staircase. Was covered in haggard royal blue carpet. Sorry for lack of pics but you can see it in this one a little.

Before
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/ablake211/51%20tillinghast/B393517_B01_22.jpg

:fu: pulled out all of the wood/nails/screws/staples lol

What was left

Sanding

Neat tile that was covered at the bottom of the stairs into the mudroom

Stain

Only finished pic I have…it turned out amazing.

The Dude approves

That counter/sink/tin combo came out awesome!

Nice job! I LOVE the sink.

That came out great. Very nice mix of old and new in the kitchen. Glad to see youngotnoutlet covers that match the tin backsplash. :tup:

i like your cat

Bout time you finished that damn kitchen. Tin looks nice against the counters. Nice job dude brah!

Sub-Zero fridge, almost as baller as an LS1 FD. Not mixing the freezer and fridge air = fresh tasting ice cubes/ice cream. :tup:

Stairs came out really good too.

Couldn’t imagine it looking any better. Nice job.

nice fuckin job.

Turned out nice

Thanks guys I am really happy with how it turned out. I have done some other stuff but nothing else really thread worthy. I might take some nicer pics of the staircase it turned out sooooo nice.

Garage updates and possibly a new build soon. Sorry Jay no FD this time I am going classic!

That sink/counter turned out awesome Drew! As did the stairs but thats just because I helped sand them :slight_smile:

:tup: to a new project that will be done properly like the others!

You have a nice pussy.

J/K, place looks amazing Drew, reall does. I applaud your efforts and city home support!

I’m not a big fan of older houses but yours just has ridiculous amounts of character. Awesome job on all the projects.

Granite looks like Typhoon Bordeaux. Could’ve warned you about Buffalo Granite but couldn’t help with such short notice. Looks nice.

Impressive work, Drew!

Scared the shit out of me last night, oh shit! counter tops! Finally!! It’s been like forever you’ve been doing dishes in the bathroom. Never got to see the before carpeted stairway though. They look flawless in person. I want to tear the sink out and scrap it… SO much copper.

Oh, also, that fridge is baller

Looks real nice! Seems like you put a lot of thought into your project.

X…

Kitchen Looks good man. Its crazy how good that staircase came out too. cant believe previous owners covered that with blue carpet.