some pics/vid of my bimmer w/updates(56k no way)

Very nice :tup:

Great fab skills! Anyone can bolt on parts made for your car but fabbing them as you go and ending up with a finished product like that, excellent!

Really nice build, good luck with it :tup:

very nice build

<3 the sound of anti lag, it triggers a nice chain of events… makes me think of rally, then the smell of race gas, then watching rally cars fly down a dirt path at retarded speeds, then getting into the afterparty, beer, irish dudes, more beer, not sleeping/blackout period, drive back home (well passenger), barfing in some random gas station. awesome.

awesome work john, huge tup.

my favorite experience involving this car was our massive cruise up to the warehouse and the bmw got so fucking tail happy on the one turn, then just bolted away.

:tup: to a fast car

oh, and I thought you were joking about the antilag

:tup:

Nice work on a nice look car. Enjoy!

thanks guys, all the positive comments realy do mean alot to me. It was alot of hard work and only car guys can truly understand that.

[quote=“turbociv,post:50,topic:33030"”]

thanks guys, all the positive comments realy do mean alot to me. It was alot of hard work and only car guys can truly understand that.

[/quote]

would you like to build another boosted bmw?
:stuck_out_tongue:

love the car.
wish i coulda saw it run at race wars, but things happen.

[quote=“cky89,post:51,topic:33030"”]

would you like to build another boosted bmw?
:stuck_out_tongue:

love the car.
wish i coulda saw it run at race wars, but things happen.

[/quote]

lol, noone got to see it run at racewars. they got to see an axle blow up though.:lol:

[quote=“turbociv,post:52,topic:33030"”]

lol, noone got to see it run at racewars. they got to see an axle blow up though.:lol:

[/quote]

lol yeah i remember that. car is stupid fast though, i remember the one day i pulled behind you onto center, you downshifted and were GONE.

i hope to have semi decent success with my boosted bmw like you did.

I saw this car yesterday at NYRIP. Crappy deal with the axle.

[quote=“rjteeter,post:54,topic:33030"”]

I saw this car yesterday at NYRIP. Crappy deal with the axle.

[/quote]

thats cool.

heres runs from a few weeks back since you didnt get to see me run.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36647

Wow. That thing is nuts. What motor is in it?

[quote=“rjteeter,post:56,topic:33030"”]

Wow. That thing is nuts. What motor is in it?

[/quote]

the stock one…lol

car looks great john…but i think you need to polish your lips hahaha btw whose accord is that in those pics - hott

the details are overwhelming.

[quote=“Devioustsi,post:57,topic:33030"”]

the stock one…lol

[/quote]

ok, heres some winter updates. I got sick of the old ssautocrap manifold cracking so i said out with the old, and in with the new. With the help or newman(collector design) and the help of carnut(sourcing parts) and lowlyoilburner (welding skills) id be nowhere with this project.

well, here are some pics of the laest project on the bimmer.

here im using newmans collector design to trace my patterns.

here im putting the band saw to work

then i did some belt sanding, and some fitting. then i started to tack together the pieces of pipe.

now some pics of the finished collector.

and all welded up. thanks matt (lowlyoilburner)

here is a pic of where the turbo is gunna need to end up.

and here is me fabbing up a bracket to hold the collector in place. Thanks bill(mindless) for the helping hand in holding the turbo for me.:slight_smile:

Now i just need to make some runners to go to the collector. however in the e36 chasis this is very tight and very difficult so i need to be very precise in the measurements and fitment.

and some pics of it in the car

so far everything has worked out perfect and im now awaiting to have the mani finished welded from matt, and ill be all set to go and start fabing dump tubes, and downpipes.

this is my first collector/manifold build/design and so far i think its been a success.

ill keep the thread updated as i continue to finish up the top mount build.