somebody was at my house.. rant

ok i live on the corner at the end of the street and my yard is COMPLETELY fenced in with a 6-7 ft fence… (wooden, not see through) i get home at midnight and i see the back gate is open… hmmm… so i park my car in the garage and walk to the gate and latch it shut, i see foot prints all around my yard, yet nothing on the trampoline, the extension ladder is still there (the roofer left it for a day) and the house seems to be in ok condition, i follow the prints (backwards. they came from the front of the house) they go around the perimeter of the fence, but really never got near my windows, and the blinds were closed, this one time my alarm wasnt armed, thank god they didnt break in, anyway i walk to the front gate and IT IS WIDE OPEN TOO… not to mention i have a board going across the top of the fence that stops the dog from jumping over the fence… but the boards (on both gates) have been broken off and laying on the ground… i call 911 and say somebody may be at my house…after going through the house everythin looked ok, so i said night to my friendly 911 operator… i walk over by the mailbox and the mailbox is open and 3 boards on the fence are seperated from the fence… ughh now its bothering me a little bit, i walk inside and everything is fine, so i trace the foot prints, they came in through the front gate after walking through my front gate and left it open, broke the fence a little, then walked around my yard, then walked out the back gate… and left both gates open… my only real qualm here is if i let my dog out and she were to escape, i would kill somebody for leaving my gate open… im considering locking the gate, but then its a PIMA and they will prolly just kick the gate in if they want to… :tdown: to assholes who serve no purpose…

thanks for listening…

Maybe one of the roofer guys checking up on something? :gotme:

X…

maybe it was the roofer? could he have left something else there? or maybe he thought he did and went back to check? i don’t know why he would have left all the shit open though. that is rude…

EDIT: damnit xander.

:tdown: Another reason I hate everyone.

no i called him… the footprints come from the front street and go out the opposite way they came in, so its not like somebody parked in the front and walked out to there car again… there are 2 sets of prints in a big steel toed boot print… size 11 +

the roofer said he didnt stop by until this am right after i left and he locked everything back up…

two sets?

yea… one prolly walked the sidewalk when they came in, and the other went through the grass… makes it look like one went in, but there are 2 dif boots and 2 sets that exit out the back across my unshoveled driveway… 2 people were in the yard…

i thought maybe they were playin soccer or something stupid in the snow and the ball went over the fence, but they are BIG footprints, and they took aggression out on my fence… jerks

uhhh. i am getting more concerned. the fact that the broke your fence is what worries me.

broken boards, hmm… you might have actually been a potential target for a burglary, but not by a smart thief.

but, it could have been the roofer noticing the gates open and he wandered in to check.

lol, it was just seperated a little bit, i just hardly go to the back gate, and i let my dog out like 5x a day atleast… soooo if she gets out, gets hit by a car, picked up by a stranger, etc etc… ill be upset more than anything…

the roofer lives in S buffalo, this happened yesterday he hasnt been to my house in about a week since the job was finished, he denied going to my house, i didnt even mention the gate

go to walmart or bj’s and get a cheap black/white video system. Set it up just incase they ever come back. This sounds real fishy. Almost like they where checking out the house trying to deside on how to break in.

I can’t see a “robber” being smart enough to check the place out, but not smart enough to wait till the snow is gone. Any thief with half a brain would just break in and run if there are footprints in the snow, not leave the prints and then come back when you have a better alarm system LOL

X…

people are stupid

criminals are stupid too.

set bear traps under the snow…

it was santa

gas meter reader possibly?

:lol:

dont they normally go to the front door… that is potential… however they went in circles and they dont normally work in pairs… hmmm