somedudes' ATX, all layed out on the table- carnage inside

i dont even remember walking into my house after trackday

i do however remember waking up laying on top of my tripod, which i had left on my bed before trackday when i realized i couldnt bring my camera

tripods dont make good matresses, even if they are folded up at the time

ballpark, what kind of power are you making? I know a built A413 chrysler 3 speed can take 1000+ hp and hold up to a 8.02 @ 180 in a shelby charger. might be an option if there are certain parts that are inherently too weak and too much to have modified. then again you have an adapter to have made and custom inner C/V’s. the mount would be cake though. similar location.

I had a 91 sho a ways back. sold it to Pat Miller of East Aurora and then he sold it to another dude in Buffalo but I lost track of him.

Brian

400 or so ? this tranny died for reasons OTHER then the power were putting through it

namely:
1)a tune which engaged 2nd and 3rd at the same time while the vehical wasin motion (80mph)
2) an adjustement in the time betwen shifts that was to fast, engaging the new gear before the old gear was totaly disengaged
3) a torque converter which wont lock up - its a computer problem - causing excess heat

its never been dyno’ed because until recently the tuning software had had glitches that wouldnt display proper maf data , along with all the functions for one bank of injectors

the tune is currently just a best guess setup

gotcha. is the car green with the by the bumper turbo? I think i saw a writeup elsewhere.

Brian

yes it is

write ups can be seen here, on roclife, and on shoforum.com

well now the tranny needs to come back out of the car. hopefully we can yank it out today. it should only take 3 hours or so. then get the transmission repaired on monday and put it back in on tuesday and beat the shit out of it for being a hore!

I should beat the shit out of you with a dictionary. :slight_smile:

About time this thing gets to run again.

yeah I saw the build on roclife