Someone Help!!! Please!!!

s13 SR20DET

Ok, my car was runnin prefecty fine all day. i drove to missisauga and back to hamilton, absolutly no issues at all, about 20 mins ago i went to pick up my girlfriend, on the way home i came to a red light and all of a sudden she started runnin REALLY rough. and when i push on the gas shes spudderin like a whore. i mean sounded like a helicopter. and really thick white smoke is pouring out the exhaust and it STUNK like fresh gas. i made it to my house. turned her off and when i tryed to start her again…nothing. shes crankin but wont start. she has been runnin really rich ever since the day i got her without issue, hense the black shit all over my bumper… if that helps. please god someone help me!!! this is my daily driver and i need to fix it like yesterday!! i gotta work tommorow afternoon. please son i know someone out there knows exactly whats wrong and how to fix it. thank you

o2 sensor, or no spark maybe, im not that smart in the automotive field, but it may be that.

what car should i say its for when i go to the parts store?

Well check if ur getting spark from the plugs first.

im not much of a mechanic. how do i do that?

im to tired to tell you the procedure, but basically u take out the spark plug and leave it in the wire, then ground the plug, and turn the ignition to see if it sparks

Im gone to sleep man, Peace. Post on nico aswell, quicker answers.

any other opinions?, or is it definatly one of those? o2 sensor or not getting spark? if it is the spark issue what would be the cause of this?

My Guess is one of your intercooler pipes popped off and you have an insane boost leak.

Check every pipe and coupler.

Actually im pretty damn confident thats the issue as that used to happen to me everytime I was rude to My SR hatch parts car.

im gunna go check right now. ill let u know whats up in a few mins

all of the intercooler piping is connected and secured firmly. i tugged and pulled and there all good sooo…?

Hey man, don’t get scared. The problem doesn’t sound like it’s anything major. First of all, what engine do you have sitting in the car? Second, check for a spark: remove the sparkplugs one by one, keep each plug connected to the wire and touch the tip of the plug to a bare metal surface while you have someone cranking the engine over for you. If you see that there IS an arc (electrical charge) being emitted from the sparkplug, then this is not your problem. If you do not see a spark, or if you see a very weak, inconsistent spark, you may be looking at distributor problems (on a KA) or either bad coilpacks OR ignitor chip (on an RB or SR). However, if the plugs are fine and are emitting spark as they should, I’d look at another thing. When fuel injectors get stuck open, they will just pour a constant amount of fuel into the cylinder, injectors dont just get stuck all at once, they progress in severity. So, when you said that your fuel mixture was getting more and more rich, I think that was a sign of the injectors being stuck open for too long which lead to your problem now, where they’re always stuck open. What the injectors are doing right now is pouring too much fuel into your cylinder, therefore flooding the engine, resulting in an extremely poor air/fuel mixture causing it not to start. I’ve had things like this happen to me in the past, injector sticks, exhaust smells like pure gasoline, car runs like absolute crap for the time being, shut car off, wont start as a result of engine being flooded. Test your sparkplugs first to see if that could be the problem, let me know what happens and we’ll take it from there.
Good luck,
Mark :smiley:

give the sr to me and get a ka man… seriously tho ill get ur number off mike and see if sometime this weekend(sunday) i can meet up with u to check this problem u have out. it also sounds like it could be a maf. its not ur o2, our ecu’s are to stupid to see a problem.

^ why should he give his sr to u for a Ka?, or was it a jk?

i think i found the problem. i pulled the plugs, put them into the wires and put them up to the manifold and got my gf to try starting the car for 3 seconds each time and i could clearly see visible sparks jumping accross for all 4. but when i did the one closest to the firewall, fresh gas actually shot out of the spark plug hole. what does this mean??

Read my post ^! That’s why you’re seeing gas fly out of the hole! Injector is stuck open and throwing too much fuel into the cylinder.

ohhh ok, so how do i fix it? is there an easy fix or do i need a new injector?

get a turkey surenge, and new injectors for whatever engine you have. Or to make things easier, just replace the entire fuel rail, its not that hard. Then use the turkey surenge to suck up the gasoline stuck in the engine. Take out enough so that the car can atleast start, and burn the existing amount that was left inside. Check your Maf, piping and basically everything again after the car has burnt whatever gasoline left over. and if you still cant figure out the problem, bring the car to a mechanic.

I may not be correct … but yea… its worth a shot.

when ordering injectors i say there for a 95’ TT 300zx right? anyone know the approx. price for 4?