Someone should let me use their garage for a weekend...

… For real. My parents garage is a fuckin joke. It’s a junk shed with a garage door. I’ve cleaned it well enough to back my truck in enough to work but it WOULD OF BEEN uncomftable. My dad is a slob and I even joked (wasnt a joke really) about how fast he could make it a mess again. It took him about 4 days. I even took a picture while it was cleaned. I had planned to hang it from the rafters with a caption that said “This is how you found it” but never got around to it. It went from being able to fit 3/4 of a pickup truck inside to not even being able to pull out my fuckin goped. So anyways, he’s a messy slob and it irritates me. I have no garage and would desperately like to get my truck worked on. I have pondered the idea of renting a storage shed big enough but definitely no 220 outlet and I think they frown upon vehicle repairs/modifications within their sheds. My uncle has a really nice garage right across the street from me with 2 stalls and heated but he keeps his 39 Chevy and my aunts grand cherokee in it. he won’t let me use either stall since he doesnt want the cars out in the weather for the weekend. :dunno:

I know it’s an odd request but I’m looking for any slight hope here. If not I’ll have to either wait for spring or build a damn garage of my own. Either case I won’t be working on the truck for awhile… and thats not my plan…

Thanks

do what i did go to pepboys and get one of them portable carport toss it up. go to homedepot and buy some tarps and a few 2by’s and you will have a temp garage … they are 10’x20 and they hold up well with the smow load… or you can go 1 step more build a frame out of 2"x4"'s space the 12" on center lay 3/4" ply wood and then bolt it to the platform the 3/4" will hold you truck and it will not go thur the wood my uncle got his chevelle in a garage that was build up off the ground with 3/4 and it is 12" from the dirt never had any prob’s with wood breaking

The way my yard is setup I could use 1 side of my garage as one wall, add some posts for the other side of a roof, build some make-shift walls out of something and go to town. I’ll keep this idea in the back of my head in case i can’t find a real garage. Thanks.

anytime … i hope to have a 32 by 40 next year!!! with lift’s