Someone to do wheel bearings

Title says it. Looking for someone to install a front wheel bearing (most likely both) on a Saturn Vue. Don’t feel like paying $500 at a chain shop. The damn thing doesn’t even have 40k yet.

I think these are really easy to do, remove wheel, remove brakes, unbolt hub, bolt a new one on… have you looked into part prices?

^ What he said. If you did it you would save a ton. The job is fairly easy. At most you would need to buy a ~22mm socket for the axle nut.

Hmm, I’ll have to check it out. I wasn’t sure if they had to be pressed in or not. The bearings around $150 so it would save a nice chunk of change to do it myself. Thanks Newman and Luke :tup:

i probably have the socket if you wanna borrow it.

Double check the size. They are usually in the 22, 24, or 26mm range.

EDIT - This says 34mm for front, Fuck.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5697247_change-wheel-bearing-saturn-vue.html

Typically you need to remove the wheel, caliper, caliper bracket, and axle nut (some have cotter pins). Then put a piece of wood on the axle, or use a brass hammer, and get the axle free from the spline. Do not hit the axle with a steel hammer if you can avoid it, less chance of fucking the threads up. There should be three bolts at 10, 2, and 6 (or some other variation). The may be on with thread locker if the knuckle is Al. Breaker bar is your best friend if you cannot get an impact on them.

If you have ABS, which you most likely do, the ABS sensor is on the Bearing. You will need to disconnect that plug. The ABS is what make these so expensive.

Also, being that there are less than 40K on them they should come out fairly easily. Normally if there are a few seasons on them you need to use an air chisel from behind to pop them out.

factory hub bolts are more then likely locktite in, so that may cause some issue, but other then that straight forward and about 2-3hrs if ya know what your doin.

Nappy these should be pretty easy to do yourself. If you don’t have the time to do it, Tabak or Bob would do it.

http://images.am-autoparts.com/item/ad502d61c8.jpg

Looks like the easy one to do.

That looks like the exact same bearing I put on my saturn ion.

The bearing and hub are one unit, there is nothing to press.

It takes about 40 minutes, you will want some PB blaster, and a dead blow hammer. I used the orange one from harbor freight. I even bought mine from that AM autoparts place on ebay, they were more than 50 percent cheaper than advance auto parts.

If your car has ABS, then the new hub assembly will have a plug on it for the ABS. My car is not ABS, so I didn’t have to worry about this (and the hub was cheaper)

Or call Pat (psychopjv) at Elma Auto, he’ll do it for very reasonable. I don’t work on my own cars unless it’s a freakin oil change anymore.

Vue’s are usually pretty stuck in there, have a BFH on hand once it’s unbolted.

buy them, ill do them… pm for price…

Pat is A+

why a dead blow and not a man’s hammer? if you are changing it feel free to break the old one. I agree it’s not a hard job SOMETIMES. But with the vue/rendezvous they have a tendency to corrode hardcore into the knuckle. If this is the case you are gonna wish you had an air hammer and a helper with a sledge. Once you do get the old one out, make sure you clean up inside the knuckle and even throw a little lube on there in case you end up doing this again (chances are good as these bearings suck no matter who makes them).