Sometimes you never know someone

soo youd chase me down if I robbed you for $3,300 you but would let me walk if you realized I just scammed you for $3,300?

Absolutely I failed. Great call. You are forgetting one small point…EVERYTHING I said is still true. The details of the specific arrangement are not under scrutiny…your actions are.

A. You were not in danger
2. You were not robbed at gun point, knife point, NOT EVEN with a simple ransom note.
C. Your family or the welfare of another human being, dog, mouse or the loaded dildo behind your desk were ever in danger.

I absolutely agree that you got taken by a career criminal who deserves to have his AiN pounded in. I absolutely agree that there is certain rage and anger associated with being taken for a ride. It sucks man, but as a person running a small business in downtown Albany…your biggest muscle was not your weapon or your fists, it was your brain and it was left in the drawer unloaded that morning.

Even “FRAUD” in the worst case scenario doesn’t warrant your behavior. Ever heard of Madoff? Your measly $3000 is peanuts in comparison. I didn’t hear about ONE incident where he was chased down the street by someone with a shotgun.

Business deal gone bad = Fraud, you are correct. Pulling gun on someone without immediate danger to yourself/anyone = a fucking FAIL.

I apologize for the thread derailment and I’m sorry for your loss, I would give you a pat on the back and buy you a beer if you simply beat the fuck out of him.

Storage wars /thread.

2 comes after A and before C… Now I know!

When did I say that? And no I wouldn’t Chase u if you robbed me. Re read my post a couple posts ok…

Even If the guy robbed you at gun point for 20 gs… You chasing him down the road with a shotgun is still wrong and illegal. Idc how u cut. You were in the wrong and acted illegally. Just because you did doesn’t mean I or some one else would.

I’m not going to go back and forth… All I was saying is if you chose to gave a shotgun in your store and chose to use it illegally, be prepared to get the book thrown at you. I was just suggesting that you do research on what your rights are and when they are justified to use them.

Chasing a guy down central is almost never legal and justified. Say the dude shot at you. If he runs you do not have the authority or legal right to pursue after him. You just don’t. No matter what he did, rob, threat, scam, etc. Since he was never a threat to your well being, you really have no leg to stand on in this case.

Again your arguement of wrong verse right should have some weight… If that were the case you’d be fucked, cause you were just as wrong. I’m saying him scamming you was right, but what you did wasn’t either.

+rep

Even If the guy robbed you at gun point for 20 gs… You chasing him down the road with a shotgun is still wrong and illegal. Idc how u cut. You were in the wrong and acted illegally. Just because you did doesn’t mean I or some one else would.

I’m not going to go back and forth… All I was saying is if you chose to gave a shotgun in your store and chose to use it illegally, be prepared to get the book thrown at you. I was just suggesting that you do research on what your rights are and when they are justified to use them.

Chasing a guy down central is almost never legal and justified. Say the dude shot at you. If he runs you do not have the authority or legal right to pursue after him. You just don’t. No matter what he did, rob, threat, scam, etc. Since he was never a threat to your well being, you really have no leg to stand on in this case.

Again your arguement of wrong verse right should have some weight… If that were the case you’d be fucked, cause you were just as wrong. I’m saying him scamming you was right, but what you did wasn’t either.[/quote]

As far as I know as soon as the guy ran out the door even if he had shot at Dave then Dave could no longer chase him. Once the threat of mortal peril has passed I don’t believe a citizen has the right to use lethal force. All that being said some asshole breaks into my house in the middle of the night he’s getting stomache full of buckshot no questions asked. I’d rather be tryed by 12 then carried by 6, but those situations are apples and oranges.

That’s what I’m trying to say… but even in the situation u mentioned if the guy was already out of ur house and off your property would you run after him? No because you can’t. It’s illegal lol. That’s the point I’m making.

And if you shoot one in your own home u better be able to prove your life was threatned. Cause if not you’ll somehow still get fucked.

Yes unfortunetly your correct. Personally I think the castle law B.S. in NY is rediculous. Should I be able to shoot somebody for breaking into my truck in the driveway no, but if the person breaks into the house in the middle of the night then I would be willing to bet they would do me and my wife harm so I’ll shoot them first and worry about the rest later. Either which way the point is moot our GSD Jack is already 90 pounds at just under 7 months so I don’t think anybody could break in here and remain in one piece very long.

On a side note on the castle law/ shooting somebody on your property debate about 5 years ago up here a local shot a college kid through a shut door cause the kid was drunk and hammering on the door, because he thought it was his friends house. Easy for people to say how could the home owner do that, but the dude was probably scared shitless thinking somebody was trying to break in and kill him and his family. In the end he wasn’t convicted of manslaughter, I believe he did get in trouble for the kind of rifle though. However all he had to do was peak out a curtain to see wtf was going on and the whole thing could have gone very differently.