SON Summer Meet

Alright guys, we have had a few track days and stuff already and some
more planned but we need to have a summer meet with all the 240s.

I liked the idea of the cruise in Niagra, or forks of the credit. I think it
would be cool to do a cruise.

We could do this on a Saturday or Sunday, whatever works better for
you guys

My idea is as follows:

• meet up around 6pm
  • go out for dinner together
  • parts swap for an hour or so
  • go for a cruise in the evening

There are a few places we could do this… I think Niagra would be good
since there is good scenery, good roads (according to Bing) and he has
offered to organize a Buffet for us at his family’s restaraunt.

I know there is a Drift Khana on July 24 and Drift battle is August 1st, so
I was thinking Saturday July 17th would be a good day to have it.

Anyways let me know if you guys are interested in doing this and whether
or not this date works for you.

Thanks.

Sweet!! I vote for Niagara, I have taken many multi-car cruizes through many parts, lots of twisties, a couple of tunnels, etc. (I mean long tunnels, just imagine 50 240s in one tunnel at the same time all shifting at or near redline -WOO HOO!).

One problem though, Wednesdays don’t really work that well for me.
I am assuming that was a typo.

Looking forward to it!

We could even meet earlier in the afternoon, this would allow more daylight time for checking out rides, and chatting.

If you need any help in the organization I would be more than willing to do so (I am not a member yet, but will be one as soon as I get to a meet).

Theo - '97 240 LE Black

I think you mean Saturday, July 17 since Wednesday, July 14 is Mosport DDT day…

but ya this does sound cool.

A summer meet would be just what the club needs …

Let’s keep the ‘spirited driving’ under control. IE: No long line of cars bunched close together. For those of us who have been here long enough to remember the last few times we did this … doh!

wicked id be down for sure.

GT

Hum forks. Its 20mins form my house :slight_smile:

sunday is best for niagara…

but a saturday would do as well.

lots of notice is needed to set up the buffet,

everyone come to niagara and play… garunteed fun night for all

I am down for what ever you decide, But I do think the Niagra would be really nice. But probbley a good idea to do it on a saterday or a sunday.
I vote for saterday the 17 or sunday the 18th.

July 14th is a Wednesday. Im in but only on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday any weekend before July 24th because Im going to Greece and Italy for 7 weeks…Sunday July 11th looks prety good!

I’m in once the date and time is confirmed.

I’m down like an angry clown, for a cruise around town. :shock:

Sat 17 or Sun 18 looks Beauty and Niagara is perfect!

If we need a place to meet up, my parents have some land we could park on for a while!

the parking lot at my restaurant has room for all of us…

me jesse and aaron live on the same block and there is a HUGE church right across the street from my house we can park in too…

on a sunday night there will be TONS of parking at the cruise on lundy’s lane if we are there early enough.

if there is alot of us we will have to go on seperate cruises.

we can have 3-4 cruise leaders and go three different routes… there are too many places to go out here…lol

That sounds good, Where is this restaraunt?

I would be down for it Bing, I might even have my car ready to go by the 17th :slight_smile:

I think it would be better on a Sunday. Many people work on Saturdays and I think the chances of getting pulled over are less on a Sunday then they are on a Saturday, a bunch of done up cars travelling togethere is due to get some cops attention and then they just look for reasons to nail you even if it’s not a moving they will pick at the cars and they always find something… Also less traffic on Sunday :smiley: So my opinion would be a Sunday, but even Saturday afternoon is cool too either way Im in.

Ok can a mod please start a vote on this one.
It will make it a lot easer. We can let it go for I don’t know 3 days and then use that as the deciding factor.

thanks and God speak

:werd: