Sorry: another Need a Job Thread

well, i lost my job two weeks ago sunday, and have not had ANY luck finding anything flexible enough to hire me and fit into my school schedule. I can work about 20hrs a week, but only like 2 nights during the week after 6pm. weekends are totally open. ive tried blockbuster, officemax, Pep Boys, Time Warner, Toys R Us, etc.

anyone have a hookup? i really need something soon or im in deep shit with bills

EDIT: i worked the past 6yrs at a Wilson Farms Coveneint store and JUST completed shift manager training when i got fired.

try the ups store, my gf worked there, the one on transit, they were flexible with her school schedule.

What were you fired for?

i got hit with a cigarette sting

During your training did the tell you not to sell cig. to under 18?

your gonna have a hard time since you were fired for something like that, unless you dont say you worked there. good luck man.

its the only job ive had, i have worked there since i turned 16, and it was internal to the company, so the only way it will be known is if my manager(who tried to get teh district supervisor to let me stay cause he liked me so much) tells them. he said he would vouch for me if he got called.

idiot. no offense. but that’s a dumb reason to get fired.

Yep, gonna be tough since you were there that long and can no longer use them for a reference.

Either you put Wilson Farms on there and when future employers call they find out some bad stuff about you, or you don’t put it on the resume and when they don’t see anything for the last 6 years they automatically assume you’re hiding being fired.

I doubt if your looking for jobs at pepboys and other places that they will call your former jobs for refrences…

Not like your applying for a career somewhere.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:10,topic:24564"”]

I doubt if your looking for jobs at pepboys and other places that they will call your former jobs for refrences…

Not like your applying for a career somewhere.

[/quote]

exactly, i just need a damn job, i dont care if its minimum wage, i just need a foot in the door somewhere cause i cant go another week without a job.

[quote=“badazzss,post:8,topic:24564"”]

idiot. no offense. but that’s a dumb reason to get fired.

[/quote]

Mistakes happen. :frowning:

I’m in a similar situation with needing a job with few hours.

weggies

id say come work with me but the service dept closes at 5… if you need a job over the summer still…gimme a call

if not…theres always McDonalds or BK…

i do agree somewhat.

however in this case, the person either did something they knew was wrong, or just didn’t do his job b/c of lazyness.

if you can’t do that simple task right… well…

on a better note, completely agree w/ howie. wegmans or tops would hire prolly… and work with the part time schedule.

[quote=“RedGoober4Life,post:12,topic:24564"”]

Mistakes happen. :frowning:

I’m in a similar situation with needing a job with few hours.

[/quote]

it was a rough friday night after an all nighter at school (architecture student) and i wasnt paying attension, i completely take responsability for my actions which is why i didnt put up a big stink and just walked quietly.

i tried one Tops, ill be trying 2 more. and i know a guy at wegmans but he blew me off

You’re just mad stank, badadnsesses

any foodservice/cooking experience? if so…then PM me

I was reading on craigslist that Pandoras Boxxx is hiring.(serious)

Drive and deliver the buffalo news,I know someone who makes an extra $200 a week just driving around and delivering papers.

Wegmans is an ok place to work.Try applying for night crew…its pretty laid back with nobody around and most stores have trouble finding night people.

weglemans. do it, wont regret it from what I hear.