Spacer Opinions

OK so I bought R32 GTR wheels, they are 16x8 +30 all around.

it was sort of an impulse buy and i didnt really consider the fact that the offset sucks for the front at the time until after I paid for them :slight_smile:

so anyway, they mount fine, but there’s no way I could actually drive around without adding a spacer in there because although they dont actually touch my coilover they are EXTREMELY close - so close in fact that my shitty cellphone camera isnt clear enough to catch the sliver of light that you can see between the tire and the coilover. (see pic below).

So, I could always just put even say a 4mm spacer in there and it would be fine… BUT … these are 225’s that they came with

I’m going to be mounting 245 r-comp’s on these so I need to space it a bit more.

I pm’d sasha for his opinion and he says that I need about 3mm of space between the tire and the coilover in order for it to not hit while I’m driving.

To be safe I’d prefer to do AT LEAST 3mm - but then that plus the extra 10mm in and 10mm out from the 245 from a 225 means now I’m looking at somewhere around a 13-14mm spacer to get that 3-4mm of space between the tire and the coilover.

I’m wondering if anyone has experience with this particular issue and how you went about solving it. Also, I guess with that large of a spacer I’ll need some longer studs too?

I have zero interest in spending much on spacers because these are for track only, any suggestions where to get something cheap?

http://jammin.jshost.ca/r32wheels1-sm.jpg

pm doba, get him to make you some hubcentric 15mm spacers and run longer studs. Everything should fit perfect.

think things through more next time… sell the wheels because GTR wheels are ghey and they were never ever cool to have on an S13… ever.

the sizing is not awesome and they dont look great, it’s purely the appeal of being able to tell people who suck that you have “SKLYINE” wheels because “SKYLINE” is a super buzz-word yay weeeeeee

thats exactly NOT why I bought them, thats why I bought your BINGS.CA chromed steelies :slight_smile:

i bought them for track only, i couldnt care less what they look like or what car they are from

i said cheap :slight_smile:

Look for some cheap used ones on zilvia?? they come up farely often.

Quiet you.

They’re 16x8. Who gives a shit if you need to throw spacers on they’d make great track wheels which is what John is doing anywho.

I’d rock a set in a heartbeat.

Not everyone needs 17x15 -865

actually i put 17 x 10 FN’s on the front today but one side wasn’t clearing the coilovers even with a 5mm spacer but the other side was clearing even without it… camber camber camber, but visually it looked the same… i’ll deal with it later.

i guess it’s okay for your car to look ghey on the track.

and since everyone takes everything i say sooooo seriously. you’re both homo-terrorists.

Don’t make me get the government involved and have you sent back to the mainland. :squintnono:

hmm, you’ve got me thinking

mike made a good point to me the other day that when you adjust camber in the front the shock moves also so this doesnt solve the problem… i agree’d with him.

are we both idiots… or are you the idiot? someone is being an idiot right now but im not sure who exactly… can someone whos not an idiot please clarify?

as i explained to you over msn john-boy… my coilovers have the eccentric bolt on the mounting bracket… that is what the minor camber issue is that is affecting the wheel clearance… it must be different from side to side on my coilovers now because one side is clearing and the other is not.

d2’s and Stance have that feature, Megans dont… end of story.

in a way we’re both right

but we’re still both idiots so it’s okay

I’m really dissapointed in my megans right now… this is the first negative thing I can say about them after 2 years.

Damn you megan for forcing me to run spacers for no damn reason :frowning:

hmm
megan offers an extended bracket

it looks like below. they claim it offers 25mm more inner rim clearence. does anyone see a disadvantage to this maybe throwing off suspension geometry or something?

http://www.meganracing.com/uploadImage/regular/DSC05092.JPG

http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=587&catid=105

it’s just the lack of a single feature.

i’ve seen people, i think Sasha maybe, where their bolts were moving in the eccentric slot. This would cause your camber to be off.

however, it could be that sasha just isn’t strong enough to tighten it down all the way.