Spacers Are Done - PICS

I had some free time last week, so I spent it with aluminum roundbar at the school shop.

They are 18mm spacers, hub and wheel centric. I made them from 6061-T6 aluminum. Also, I got some Peak Performance 60mm extended studs to compliment them.

A few hours of lathe/mill work yielded this:

http://img207.exs.cx/img207/3921/spacers17ja.jpg

http://img207.exs.cx/img207/1606/spacers20xc.jpg

http://img207.exs.cx/img207/8919/spacers34bv.jpg

looks good. maybe u should look in to mass producing these babies hehe.

better yet, at the schools expence. :wink:

Nice Pete. Those look great! Now get some pics of the wheels mounted to them…

Thanks guys.

The on car pics will have to wait until next week or so, since I’m in waterloo and my car is in storage over in london.

I just might produce them if there is enough interest. 8)

looks good pete.

mmm flushness.

want to make me a pair for rear?

lookin good, my friend arron made his spacers at work.

damn i need to get a real job

DAM NICE WORK!!! :smiley:

I give full prop’s to those of you here who can do that sort of thing. Very, very nice man.

I’d be interested in two 5mm spacer’s so my stock winter rims will clear my calipers. Ball park, how much would you think on charging?

Great job once again.

Easy 8)

are the studs threaded 12 by 1.25 or 12 by 1.5 ?
make sure they are the same thread as ure nissan lug nuts before u install…good luck

if you want too make ill buy!!!

I’d be in too.

I’m thinking about making a few sets for sale, assuming the price is right. If you would like some made, send me an offer and I’ll consider it. As long as it’s fair, I’ll make it. Keep in mind the material alone costed me $115.98 for the 6061-T6 roundbar. A good deal of work/time is also involved.

Time is running short however, since my exams start in about 3 weeks, but I just might be able to sqeeze a few in.

The material alone would probably run in the $40 range for 6061-T6. Keeping in mind I need extra material to fit in the chuck safely. You can make me an offer for what you think is fair labour, assuming a few hours to make them. :slight_smile:

The studs are 12x1.25. Same thread pitch as the stock nissan studs.

[quote=“Titan”]

The material alone would probably run in the $40 range for 6061-T6. Keeping in mind I need extra material to fit in the chuck safely. You can make me an offer for what you think is fair labour, assuming a few hours to make them. :slight_smile: [/quote]

Hmmm, well I’d of course offer you something fair for sure but I was thinking of doing this later on this year say maybe in the fall before I put my winter rims back on. Will you still be able to do it then or no?

[quote=“sidewaze”]

[quote=Titan]

The material alone would probably run in the $40 range for 6061-T6. Keeping in mind I need extra material to fit in the chuck safely. You can make me an offer for what you think is fair labour, assuming a few hours to make them. :slight_smile: [/quote]

Hmmm, well I’d of course offer you something fair for sure but I was thinking of doing this later on this year say maybe in the fall before I put my winter rims back on. Will you still be able to do it then or no?[/quote]

Yes, I’ll be back in school then. Let me know.

I might need two 10mm spacers. I’ll let you know after I mount my tires and test fit my new rims.

As Pete and I discussed - and something I sort of overlooked while
planning my custom spacers - was that if he plans to make these to
accomodate stock wheels, the spacers would need to be chamfered in
order to fit inside the innerbore of the stock wheels.

Might be a bit of extra work for him. If you have aftermarket wheels,
you’d need to measure the innerbore on your wheels or Pete can just
make generic ones and you’d have to buy spacer rings.

Good job Pete. So are these babies going to be rust coated/painted?

They are aluminum, they dont need to be rust protected.
The aluminum forms a passive layer and also acts as a sacrificial anode to the steel hubs.

n00B!!!1!

They are aluminum, they dont need to be rust protected.
The aluminum forms a passive layer and also acts as a sacrificial anode to the steel hubs.

n00B!!!1![/quote]

Yeah grade 12 electroplating…