spark, fuel, not firing

i dunno if this pt3 has hondata, because the motor never hit vtec and it ran like shit. like when i stayed at a constant speed all it did was bog out until i gave it gas.

open up and look if it is chipped

it doesnt look like its chipped, if it was would it stand out?

open appointments now available.

see post above, best solution for you

i really dont wanna pay someone to fix it, i goto boces for auto tech and i know i can figure it out. taking it to a shop is my last resort because im broke as hell at the moment. i might tow my car to boces and have my teacher help me out.

you are sitting here saying all this, but you can’t tell if the car had a chipped ECU or not, we all stated it is most likely the wrong ECU, I know for a fact which one the car SHOULD have and has stated it mutliple times. But whatever I am done with this, have fun

AND it was stated to put the old ECU back in to see if it would run again, as that would tell you if it is the ECU or not, you have yet to do it

listen, i already checked if the ecu was bad or not, i found the procedure on mitchell and followed it step by step and everything was fine, except the ecu. so i changed it, and sorry i dont know if an ecu is chipped or not, ive never looked at the inside of one.

ur best solution is to have it chipped and get ur eeprom burned

there are sponsors on here that would help you out

To be honest with you, mitchell is gay, when you are dealing with a swapped car you need about 4 honda manuals to decipher the wiring properly :slight_smile:

Take it slow, don’t be surprised if your teacher is clueless when you look at the car with him…tell him first before anything that the car is swapped and there is a different ecu in it than what came factory.

I guarantee he will look at you cross eyed.

The beauty of swaps is that you never know what you are getting yourself into.

9 out of 10 times I end up re wiring most swapped cars to run right. Good luck, if you need help feel free to call.

Okay. I wired in my VAFC incorrectly. I wired it back up the right way, got a new P13 and my car didnt start. The ECM through a code 15 which is ignition output signal. I’m getting spark so its not the ignitor. I removed the VAFC, wired everything up correctly and it still doesnt start. I did some research and found out what wires i incorrectly wired them to. VTEC was wired to A24, its called PG2 on the wiring diagram, not sure what it stands for? The RPM signal was wired to A5 which is Injector 3. Power was wired to A1 which is injector 1. Ground was wired to A2 which is Injector 4. Now i hooked up a light to the injector harness and when i cranked it over, it blinked so i know the injectors are spraying. Could i have fried the resistor box and would the injectors still spray if it was bad? The throttle signal was wired to D11 which is the throttle. so i got one right lol. I dunno if installing it wrong could have fried some sensors on the engine, maybe thats why it wont start? When i crank the car over, it gets spark and fuel. You can hear it firing for a split second. like crank crank crank Boom crank crank crank Boom. It’s not a bad boom lol, it wants to fire but it doesnt. sorry for the novel but does anyone have any ideas?:shrug:

Oh man.

how can u fuck up an install that badly

u prolly fried ur ecu

i already said i looked at the wrong side of the ecu connector. it was an honest mistake. i already replaced the ecu.

TAKE IT TO HYBRID, thats about it you can do to save that, you really don’t know what you are doing and need a professional to look at it for you

okay, i wired something wrong and i cant find out what i fried. doesnt mean i dont know what im doing. if you wanna be a dick go ahead. im not trying to be stubborn but i dont have any money to take it to a shop, thats why im taking it to my school

ok so lets go through this and make sure we have an accurate understanding of the history here

ur car was running fine with p13 ecu installed
u then tried to install the vafc(or w/e it was)
it was fucked up and wired wrong(oopsy)
realized u fucked the ecu
ripped all wiring out for vafc and got new ecu
now the car still wont run

what u need to do is crank the engine over a few times. then pull the ecu codes to see whats going on.

if the car is not starting and everything seems to be in order then u will prolly be throwing some codes. if u dont know how to check ecu codes then check out honda-tech.com

it was running fine on a PT3 not p13. its throwing a code 15. i checked everything for the ignition, its all fine. the coil is fine, im getting a crisp white spark. was able to put out a 35,000 kv spark. Injectors are spraying and are turning off. maybe dizzy is off 180 degress?

With the symptoms you are now having…That sounds like a very good idea as to what it is. So change your plug wires around…and then if that’s it, take the dizzy off and pop the little pin out and put it the correct way.