Speaking of jobs in Pittsburgh....

are there any decent jobs out there that will pay like ~15/hr starting out…

Like i know some of the better manufacturing places will pay that, im gonna need to find something half decent to do while im putting myself through school.

:hs:

Ive heard good things about Oberg up in Freeport…

they are opening a new mercedes dealer in wexford, you could call them. Thats where i think I am going to work.

724-935-9300 Monita Brady

They are looking for technicians, detailers, and internet sales consultants

resperonics is always looking for people also echostar…aka.dish network

what do these places start people out at?

Originally posted by gearhead
internet sales consultants

that sounds interesting…hhmmmmm

i know they are always looking for help downtown on liberty ave, midnight shift :smiley:

Originally posted by thefranchise
i know they are always looking for help downtown on liberty ave, midnight shift :smiley:

i dont know how attractive I’d look in fishnets… :hs:

http://www.monster.com/

go here just like the rest of us do

Originally posted by 2FNFast

i never would have thought of that. thanks. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by vtecsol
resperonics is always looking for people also echostar…aka.dish network

Echo Star only starts at $9/hr.

Originally posted by gearhead
they are opening a new mercedes dealer in wexford, you could call them. Thats where i think I am going to work.

724-935-9300 Monita Brady

They are looking for technicians, detailers, and internet sales consultants

This is not a new dealership. But, we are hiring for a bunch of stuff. Sales Associate, Internet Sales Consultant, F&I Administrator, Vehicle Inventory Control, Detailers, TEchs, and a Cashier. Mostly Full Time. It’s all at Bobby Rahal in Wexford, but we are opening a new dealership downtown in the next year or so.

As far as starting pay, just cause you work at Mercedes doesn’t mean you can afford one.:smiley: :cool:

i can hire a techie… needs to know win 2k / ad… needs to be able to put up with bullshit… user-end work.
i don’t know if it’s 15/ hr… it’s like 30 some a year?

$30K a year translates to approximately $14.42 an hour, assuming you get paid BY THE HOUR for 40 hours a week.

Originally posted by RacerXXX
This is not a new dealership. But, we are hiring for a bunch of stuff. Sales Associate, Internet Sales Consultant, F&I Administrator, Vehicle Inventory Control, Detailers, TEchs, and a Cashier. Mostly Full Time. It’s all at Bobby Rahal in Wexford, but we are opening a new dealership downtown in the next year or so.

As far as starting pay, just cause you work at Mercedes doesn’t mean you can afford one.:smiley: :cool:

I forgot, we are opening what thet’re calling the “Annex” down the street. It’s for the overflow we have here. It’s going to be right behind the McDonalds on 19 in Wexford.

Originally posted by huskysgrl
$30K a year translates to approximately $14.42 an hour, assuming you get paid BY THE HOUR for 40 hours a week.

no… that’s not how it works… i can do quick math, but overtime counts… as well as undertime… meaning actually work 38.5 hours = paid for 40… it’s salary, non-exempt, meaning you can get overtime… which is like 30 an hour… so it’s around 15 or something…

however, it does not break down to a nominal houry rate.

Originally posted by turbovw18
no… that’s not how it works… i can do quick math, but overtime counts… as well as undertime… meaning actually work 38.5 hours = paid for 40… it’s salary, non-exempt, meaning you can get overtime… which is like 30 an hour… so it’s around 15 or something…

however, it does not break down to a nominal houry rate.

yes, I know that… I was simply translating to hourly by 52 weeks a year, 40 hours a week. (However, if you do 12 months a year with an average of 173.33 hours per month, you get the same $14.42 an hour)

Originally posted by 2FNFast

:embarass:

lets just all agree that darkstain has some high hopes for starting wages. :tounge:

Originally posted by RacerXXX

what exactly is it then? the new building by chadwicks? Is it just a repair with no sales? Im still kinda clueless on it, but i’ll still work there

Originally posted by turbovw18
lets just all agree that darkstain has some high hopes for starting wages. :tounge:

ive always got high hopes!

I can make that much $$ easy down here, but cost of living is damn near impossible.

Ive been looking at house’s for rent up in the burgh area, and what would go for 5-600/month up there is easily 1000+ here…