Spec Clutch - Amazing Customer Service

I felt the need to make a separate post about this, because I figured it would get lost in my build thread, and I felt they needed some recognition on this. A little over a week ago I ordered a Spec lightweight flywheel for my 944 NA engine through Lindsey Racing (who I have a long standing relationship with). It arrived on the 9th of March, unfortunately damaged. Honestly the box looked like UPS had played soccer with it, so I immediately contacted Dave Lindsey about it. Unfortunately for me, it was after business hours Friday, so I had to wait till Monday to hear back from him. After a few exchanged emails, Dave informed me that he had been in contact with Spec and since it was dropped shipped from them he had informed them of the problem and I should contact Justin @ Spec. So, after Dave assured me I’d be taken care of, and that I should give them a call, I rang Spec up. Again, another roadblock in my project… Justin had left the office for the day. So I spoke with one of his associates, who instructed me to take photos of the box and the flywheel and send them to his email.

This is where my real contact with the people at Spec begins. I awoke this morning to an email from Justin, explaining their end of the situation and that I should call him for more details. He was nothing short of helpful, and apologized profusely for the situation (despite it really not being their fault). He arranged with the UPS claims department for someone to come pick the box up from me and go through the proper channels (and never ending paperwork) to get the situation taken care of. The bad news, as if there wasn’t enough already, it was going to take UPS ~2 weeks to take care of the claim. Uhhhgg. I of course, still had the option of ordering another flywheel and tying up more cash in aluminum market, which to be honest, I didn’t want to do. I informed Justin that he had been more than helpful and I really appreciated with how painless they made a less than ideal situation for me, thanked him for the help and said I’d just wait it out with UPS. That is usually where this type of claim ends, even with specialized companies like Spec, I was extremely happy with their level of commitment to solving the problem.

To my complete surprise about an hour later my phone rang, it was Justin from Spec. He informed me that he had talked it over with the proper people in the company and they were sending me a new flywheel, on their dime so I could get my project done. Ecstatic does not even begin to describe. The flywheel (though damaged thanks to UPS) was incredible quality, and at 5 3/4 lbs should be an absolute blast with a nice cam and individual throttle bodies. I’ve also had a Spec 3 clutch in my 944 Turbo which made close to 400whp with zero issues in the clutch department.

Nothing but the best from Spec in my dealings with them, honestly some of the best customer service I’ve encountered.

:tup:

[quote=“MPD47"”]

Nothing but the best from Spec in my dealings with them, honestly some of the best customer service I’ve encountered.
:tup:

[/quote]

I will agree to that. I have a Spec 2 clutch with aluminum flywheel in my Mustang and have been very impressed with both the quality of the clutch, along with their customer service.

SPEC treated me and Mark (neonglh) very well when I was calling them in regards to clutch problem we were having. Unfortunately, they couldn’t solve the issue, but definitely went out of their way to help.

All we could figure is that the PP just gave up the ghost when we took the clutch apart.

Nice to hear. :tup:

Spec 3 clutch in the Corrado.

for some reasons the spec clutches get eaten alive in tiburons… they couldnt hold up to 190WHP in the higeststage they offered us

spec 5 iron disk here :slight_smile:

:tup: I bought a SPEC 2 Clutch and Lightweight flywheel for the SHO through a groupbuy. They were VERY accommodating to our order, and willing to work with us on shaving off 20-25% of the price for a small (10 person) groupbuy.

That’s a change usually their product and support sucks.

[quote=“Carnut,post:8,topic:25803"”]

[/quote]

maybe they hate you?! haha :slight_smile:

but glad to read the story… hearing reassuring things like that help provide direction for purchases down the road. it’s always the intangibles that make the difference :tup:

[quote=“sureshot!,post:9,topic:25803"”]

maybe they hate you?! haha :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Maybe. I’m a pretty big asshole

had a spec in 2 of my former cars, never an issue with either :tup:

Awesome support right there. I had a similar happening over winter. Bought something for Xmas, game damaged despite packing good. It had looked like UPS dropped it numerous times.

I contacted them about it and they filed the claim, and 2 days later I had a new product. I called em up and they said that since it was before Christmas UPS would take too long so they got me a new one right away.

:tup: to good customer service.

[quote=“Carnut,post:8,topic:25803"”]

[/quote]

nah, Don’s right - ironically, they treat shops/vendors LIKE SHIT. when I worked at AutoShafting we went thru 6 ones to try and fit a project, never got it right, ended up giving up and getting an Exedy.

Glad to hear they did well by you Mike, that’s encouraging :wink:

i as well have a SPEC…stage 4… i love it.:tup: