SPEC Stage 3 clutch. just a question.

hey guys

i bought a Spec Stage 3 clutch, 6 puck sprung on special from Enjukuracing.com

just got around to install it today along with a 16 pound flywheel from SPEC as well.

result after installing, the peddle feel is even lighter than the stock clutch that was replaced.

the peddle feel is so LIGHT… feels like a Honda civic oem clutch

I can recall my last Stage 3 from SPEC on my last S13 coupe was amazing. got my left leg muscle all worked up, and instant engaging action the moment you release the peddle. alot of my friends would stall my car when they try to drive it.

did i do something wrong during installation? or is this normal? anyone experienced this particular clutch before?

thanks

Does it engage and disengage freely? What material is the clutch, ( cermaic or Kevlar etc)
Any leaks? If its works then I see no problem.

Needs to break in.

no leaks, it works. engage and disengage freely…if anything should be better because brand new steel braided clutch line, and brand new motul brake fluid…was put in during the installation today

exactly the one in the link posted above

SPEC (Star Performance Engineered Clutches) Stage 3 Clutch Kit for Nissan S13/S14 SR20DET. SPEC increases the clamping force of the pressure plate and uses a Carbon or ceramic friction surface on the disc hold more power, yet maintain close to the same street manners as a full faced organic disc. Uses 6 puck SPRUNG hub clutch disc. This clutch kit is designed to hold up to 515 ft/lbs of torque! This is the ultimate street/strip clutch kit. This is a complete kit including high clamp pressure plate, throw out bearing, and clutch alignment tool.

yeah there is no problem, but for a stage 3 to feel like a honda civic oem clutch is kinda weird…just not sure if its normal cuz the peddle is now softer than the OEM clutch i taken out today.

will the peddle stiffin up after break in?

No, I have the exact same clutch as you, its normal for it to be lighter than stock. I don’t know how they pulled it off, but I love it lol.

I remember thinking the exact same thing when I first installed it. I thought I fucked something up, but it’s normal.

I’ll let you know how much torque it can handle when I get my new turbo put on :stuck_out_tongue: So far it’s handled 300 ft. lbs. with clutch kicking on the track no problem.

i see, thanks for the input

i was hoping for alot of peddle feed back, bought the wrong clutch =( but as long as it holds then its all good

I got the Spec stage 3 six puck for my ka24DE (SN543) a year ago for a 5 speed swap i did and the clutch was the exact same way on my car and its totally normal, awesome for daily and some street clutch kicking. I bolted it onto my RB20 this summer and its great,

it’s just the way they design the pressure plates and how the release bearing contacts it to make pedal pressure much less. my new clutch is like this and i hate it compared to my act stage 3 unsprung 6 puck that was stiff to push.

i just put in a exedy stage 2 and it feels like oem compaired to the exedy twin plate… not a big fan of the soft clutches but it is nice when you hit stop and go traffic