SPEC V @ CSCS Event in Cayuga June 18th. * VIDEO *

Jamie from PTI and I went to the Toronto Motorsports Track in Cayuga Ontario last week for the CSCS opener event.
http://www.cscs.ca/

Anyhow, a great time was had by all. Our goal was to get into the 12s. Our set-up was basically 8-9 psi, running around 290whp. Car was running on slicks.

Well, unfortunately we never hit the 12s, but with a few minor adjustments we’re there for sure. Was banging it off the rev limiter in 4th going over the line, so we’re going to possibly move to a larger slick next time to get us over the line. Plus my big-ass rear bumper was creating a lot of drag, and my rear suspension is shot which caused the car to bottom out in the back on shifts.

So here is the slip… just a hair short of our goal, but as you can tell from the numbers, the car is certainly capable of being in the mid to high 12s. Exellent 60’ with a MPH of almost 108. Car was grabbing hard at the end of the day. Unfortunately the 13.000 was my last run and it was in bracket class and I broke out so my day was over. I’m certain we could have gotten it in the 12s with a few more passes. The car seemed to actually get stronger all day.

http://www.importeast.ca/specv/slip.jpg

Here’s a quick and dirty little vid I threw together - not for the hispeed challenged, it’s about 38 MB, but has about 8 runs on it with the burnouts. Anyhow, not a whole lot of work went into this so keep the editing critique to yourself. :wink:

Anyway, the last run on there is the 13.000 run but you dont’ see the clock so that’s why I posted the slip. (Blame the Camera man.) :wink:

Also, some of these runs are in bracket class so the starts are staggered… even though I did sleep at the lights a few times (Jamie had to kick the car to get me to go) , it wasn’t as bad as it looks on some of these. :slight_smile:

So anyhow, thanks to Jamie at PTI, great time bro… next time it’s all 12s man!! Thanks to SCOTT and his buds as well who helped out getting the car ready.

Here’s the vid… (Quicktime format)

http://www.importeast.ca/specv/cayuga.mov

Stay tuned folks, because we got some plans for this bish yet to come. :twisted:

WOW! thats all i have to say.

:eyes

Nice video as well

Nice. :E

LAUGH AT THE SPEC NOW, YOU BASTARDS. :smiley:

You know, that’s one thing I’ve noticed with my car too - the more I beat on it, the better it runs. Normally I drive fairly conservatively, but after a redline excursion through 4 gears, I swear it runs smoother and shifts better!

After the RX-7 Autox we were at, the car felt much more solid and easily manouverable after the autox…weird!

Yeah, changes I made for the event were:

• 440 Injectors from 370s
  • Steel Braided Turbo Coolant lines and Braided Oil return Line. (The hose versions were getting brittle)
  • JWT Clutch
  • Ran 109 Octane so I could turn up the boost a little safer to 9-10psi.
  • Put in the Faktion Short Throw shifter… gotta say that thing is def worth the cash. Nice clean short throws now. Only missed a gear on one run - which I didn’t post. :slight_smile:
  • I also did the Redline fluid change and added some water wetter to the coolant.

Looking forward to getting up for the Driven to Perform show in a few weeks.

Cheers
Stephen

Nice man…Nice.

SWEET, those were some wicked runs, soo much for making fun of specs…

i guess we still have Kris :E

Yeah, make fun of me. My baby seat and I will be showing you our taillights anyway… :smiley:

did the camera man dose off at the last run there?

Yeah, that’s why I had top be sure to post the timeslip… cause some people would have called BS for sure if I hadn’t… on the Vboard for sure anyhow. Kris knows that. :slight_smile:

he was watching the race instead of looking through the view screen.

OMFG BS BS! SEARCH NOOB! :E

The Vboard is getting really bad, man. :slight_smile: