Speed or Looks?

I already have a hoTTT looking ride :lol:

but its a damn box so its slow as shit.

lol thanks you made me feel much better :lol:

but one way or another ill be workin on some kind of mustang this winter. which one remains to be seen.

haha anytime ;p. thats the spirit i like to see! come home and work on some more :snky: stuff

id like 2 see your cobra fast and look good. not 2 many people will be ale to say hey my car looks pimp as fook and runs 10;s in a vert baby. …you know it is possible too :slight_smile:

it really depends on the financial…

if i got the $, def. A…

if not…B…BUT…if u want to make it look good…u better do it right!

A for me

I’ve got B now, I rarely drive it on the street , everytime I do take it out I get hassled by cops.

I’d just as soon have a nice truck and take my car to the track, oh no now I’m showing my age

Let’s put it more realistically:

==============================================

Ricer language:
Yo, what wud you boys rather have?
Now before you go sayin both, just assume that you had the choice of…

a) having a good looking Civic that gets a few looks but is SICK fast (say its a 180mph trap car)

or

B) having a great looking Civic, tezas, phat tip yo, 21s that get lots of stares from da biches yo, has a much more noticable road presence wit a thumpin bass kicka, but is not quite as fast. (say its a 125 trap car, cuz datz what honduhs do stock wit an intake, tip, and stickas)

==============================================

Translation:

What would you rather have?

Now before you go sayin both, just assume that you had the choice of…

a) having a good looking car (honda, Dodge, Ford, whatever), nicely beefed up drivetrain, well matched turbo/SC, fine tuned suspension, the car gets a few looks, but plenty of respect at the track and is SICK fast (say its a 120-130 mph trap car)

or

B) having a stupid-ass moronic looking Civic with a bunch of dork-boy add ons, annoying dumb looking lights, a foldiers coffee can jammed on to the stock muffler, springs chopped with a sawsall by someone who doesn’t understand the definition of “camber”, wheels that cost more than the college education that the car owner passed up, get plenty of attention from eleventeen year old mothers of three, and a stereo that only amplifies frequencies below 100Hz, but is not quite as fast. (say its a 68.32 mph trap car)

I’d say option B, 115traps is not bad at all and I can still get some pussy with it

You will have the best of both worlds

speed> looks

i for one, would not like to drive a slow yet nice looking car… it would be boring.

a car is made for driving…and im a speed junky…if i had the money i would have made my accord fast back in the day, lol…

bah 115 trap is weak :stuck_out_tongue:

sniffle sniffle:hang:

115 was boring as shit, so there is no question

yeah it is kinda boring. but i wonder at what point does it get fun again? and how long til the next step up gets boring again :bloated:

I need to start a new hobby like collecting coins or something. :bloated:

speed

Coins has to be less expensive than modding cars…

:word: youre right thanks guys think i will switch it over to coin collecting :tup:

Audi S4

Car A…

I don’t care to get looks while driving… creeps me out. I always think people hate me.

I go for the performer, but usually a real performance car looks good as well.

I think lower cars with wheel flares look hot as hell, but usually the only reason a car is like that is to improve handling. Aerodynamics not only help the car move swifter, but they also look hot, too.

IF form follows function, a car generally looks sweet.

reading this thread is frustrating for me. it seems there are more people who care what the car they are driving looks like, so they can get the approval of other people rather than be happy driving their car.
now maybe the trap speed guidline to this question makes it tougher…

but lets assume that car A was a car that was show, and a lil go. not as slow as a insight (not bashing, they are great cars…for every one of them, thats another CATconv i dont feel bad about taking out), but not as fast as you would like to be exciting. and forget about straight line, excitment in only forward directions gets old quick.
now lets say car B is a car that has the performance package. nimble, quick, good steering response…not neccesarily trapping 140, but gets out of its own way, has the ability to urge throttle controlled over steer (i know it is engine/drive layout dependant but stay with me here), an all around fun car. but it is not an eye catcher. something along the lines of a modded 240, or dare i say a worked mini?

anyways, my point is this, and maybe i am taking the question too far out of context (but then again those who cited reliability did the same) but if noone were around…noone cared what you drive but you, would you still want a car that caught peoples eyes? i mean after all getting someone to look at your car and admire lasts only as long as it takes for you to drive out of sight.

now i am not dumb, or naive, i like my car for its looks and alot of other cars for their looks, but i really thought this community was about cars and their driving soul, not how many looks they got. i am not hating on anyone, i just could haev swore the reason there was such a great turn out at auto-x events etc is because this was an enthusiast DRIVERS community.