Speed trap warning in Bethel Park

Wanted to let everyone know that a new speed trap has been set up in Bethel Park. As far as I know, they have caught a bunch of people so far over the last few days. It is on Brightwood Road at the Lytle Trolley Stop parking lot. The cop sits in the entrance to the lot with his radar pointed down towards Walmart. If you are traveling on Brightwood from 88 with the tracks on your right side, make sure you slow down. They caught atleast two people in about 5 minutes this morning, the cop just walks out in front of you at the stop sign and waves you into the parking lot. I think they are there both in the AM and PM rush hours. Just wanted to give everyone in the area a heads-up.

state po?

No. Sorry I guess it isn’t radar, but they somehow get your speed reading as you are coming up a slight hill, I guess it isn’t technically radar, but there is a cop sitting at the entrance to the parking lot and he will just walk out in front of you car and make you pull into the lot so he can give you a ticket. I saw the guy setting up this morning and he caught someone within about 2 minutes of setting up.

um new flash state arent the only ones with radar…

Oh sorry, I thought only state cops could use radar. Well thats not the point, the point is, there is a cop there, so slow down so you don’t get pulled over.

You can bet I’m not going over there any time soon!!! JPH did you graduate from BPHS? I’m not very fond of the BP-PD we don’t get along too well.

Yeah I graduated in 2002 from BP. I have not had too much trouble with the BP cops. Been pulled over a few times, never got a tickets. Once was for doing donuts in the HS parking lot in the snow at 1AM the other was for going through campus at 30mph.

thanks for the tip :bigthumb:

As far as I’m aware in Pennsylvania, yes they are.

Nonetheless, I know the spot you’re talking about. They are using VASCAR there, which basically is a stopwatch measuring the time it takes a car to travel between two spots. Use a formula that includes the distance between the two lines and the number of seconds it takes to travel between the two at certain speeds, and you have an idea how fast people are going.

Thanks for verifying that. I didn’t think that local cops could have radar in PA. It’s good to know.

Yup. Just the Troopers get to use Radar here.

There is that new IR thing, but it’s basically automating the stopwatch.

city is allowed also. clairton does. and thats a FACT.

but thanks for the tip ill let the guys know at work. we cover that area for AAA and i pass that area about 4 times a day. AAA trucks are pretty invisible though. :kiss:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CTS/75/00.033.068.000..HTM

©(2)

Dunno what else to say.

I already know this, i should have posted it.
Their useing the new speed detectors that moon had on the news i beleive… cops have got 2 of our tractor drivers in 1 week.

I drive the other side to get to work :smiley: so i never go past that side of west library rd

the city of pittsburgh does not and THATS A FACT.

x2 state only